Page 154 of 601 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Grocery prices have been going up here for the past year. Our shelves are full. Even when I was young I was all for seniors getting discounts, etc. Senior hours to shop are no different. We don’t use it but I am glad it’s available. People are pretty nice here compared to places like City Data. There’s some real nut jobs there that start amusing conspiracy threads about the virus. It’s funny to read until it sinks in that people really believe that stuff.

It was exasperation. Sarcasm. an attempt to point out that one does not solve a problem by creating more problems. Ridicule and disbelief of the position, not aimed at the person.

But I think perhaps I should go back to salad spinners.

i was raised by someone who treated almost every action by almost any person with “I’m sure they mean well.”

it has taken 52 years, but the last eight weeks have Transformed me from an extreme introvert to an actual misanthrope.

i realized yesterday that I no longer believe that the majority of people are fundamentally good. And so perhaps I should stop engaging with them and resort to the deal I have made with raccoons - if they don’t insist on inflicting themselves on me in ways that directly impact my life in a negative way despite my attempts to cede nearly the entire planet to them and exclude them from the tiny remainder, I will leave them alone.

not clicking on threads that annoy me would be a first step. I seem easily annoyed this days, so if you need me for anything, try messages.

CL, it sounds like your mom was positive and looking for the best in people. Better that then to be paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    It was exasperation. Sarcasm. an attempt to point out that one does not solve a problem by creating more problems. Ridicule and disbelief of the position, not aimed at the person.
    You addressed me by name, and I responded to you.

Anyway, I'm not trying to fight with anyone, I am trying to point out that I think shaming people and ridiculing them will not help to achieve whatever social engineering one is trying to accomplish.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    On June 18th Governor Newsom mandated masks in California but corona cases continue to spike. It is 9 days now. Let's see if in 5 more days things reverse course there, since that will be 2 weeks that masks have had the chance to work their supposed magic.
    Tomorrow is two weeks and today California hit another record high number of cases. Let's see if things magically improve overnight. With a two week incubation period for covid the masks, if they really work, will stop this spike in less than 24 hours.

Masks were an attempt to open things up without increasing the virus to the point it overwhelms the hospital system. Whether it could work with perfect compliance who knows, some say so based on models, but you don't get perfect compliance in present reality esp in the U.S. at this point. Maybe after enough deaths and sicknesses and enough opening and reclosing again and again, maybe then you get compliance with wearing a piece of clothing.

More stuff is being locked down again, Cali going into partial lockdown again. I never thought they should have opened stuff up period, it was foolish and it was rushed, and some health officials objected and said exactly that. And they opened stuff up where masks could not POSSIBLY be worn like restaurants and bars, now they are closing. Perhaps our powers that be here do have *some* interest in keeping R at 1 or close or below, as without it you get ever increasing cases and eventually overwhelm the medical system. I was afraid they would go for that "screw the medical system, full speed ahead". But perhaps not.

BTW you don't see results from anything in a two week period, you are again making things up, NYC went into a hard lockdown after their crisis and didn't see declining cases until more like a month.
    Trees don't grow on money

Perhaps someone will come up with a proboscis mask for the die-hard drinkers among us.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Perhaps someone will come up with a proboscis mask for the die-hard drinkers among us.
    Perhaps we need to rethink the whole anti-straw thing. We could have masks with a small opening for straws. No removal required to drink! Then bars could open up somewhat safely...

Yppej
    My son has a respirator he bought a long time ago. He says it is much easier to breathe through it than through a mask. Respirators actually provide protection too unlike random pieces of cloth. Why are they not being promoted? Politics my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    My son has a respirator he bought a long time ago. He says it is much easier to breathe through it than through a mask. Respirators actually provide protection too unlike random pieces of cloth. Why are they not being promoted? Politics my friend.
    It’s not politics. It’s that there are nowhere near 300 million respirators available. If everyone would wear a damn mask they would go a long way towards protecting the well from the infected people. You know that.

Thread Information