Page 399 of 472 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409449 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4717

Thread: Conavirus......

Thank you for raising the court issue Tybee. I found a web page where I could send a message expressing a covid concern to the court system and I asked them about the mask mandate for my upcoming jury service.

Here we have a mini Florida situation:

My garden club group is holding a flower show indoors at the home bulders’ show.

We just learned the Home Builders’s Association is not requiring masking at this event. But …they will not allow US to require masking in our area, a distinct area with doors.

I am aghast at this news. Two mainstays of our group have pulled out. I think this flower show is toast.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Here we have a mini Florida situation:

My garden club group is holding a flower show indoors at the home bulders’ show.

We just learned the Home Builders’s Association is not requiring masking at this event. But …they will not allow US to require masking in our area, a distinct area with doors.

I am aghast at this news. Two mainstays of our group have pulled out. I think this flower show is toast.
    Can you do it outdoors in their parking lot, using those tents with just roofs and no sides if it rains?

Iris Lilies, I think Florida is close to running out of hospital capacity if not already reached the limit. Wise to do all you can and I personally would not attend any group event with strangers moving around in groups at exhibits. No social distancing and little air circulation. Perfect for spreading any virus.https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/2...ins-hospitals/

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Can you do it outdoors in their parking lot, using those tents with just roofs and no sides if it rains?
    No.We’re not going to rent tents and pay for that. Beside any wind blowing through Knocks all the exhibits over. It’s just not practical.

Our design group is meeting at a city park shelter house next week, but we already all know that we need to have low heavy designs with no backdrops because the backdrops will just blow over in the slightest wind.

For the flower show I was willing to haul properties into the show room, quickly set them up, throw up my two designs, and leave. I was not willing to stand around and fuss with stuff like the ladies like to do when we’re setting up a show. I was also not at all keen at working a “hostess “stint of 2 to 3 hours and I was debating whether I was going to do that, But the no mask caper makes that an immediate “ no way!”

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Iris Lilies, I think Florida is close to running out of hospital capacity if not already reached the limit. Wise to do all you can and I personally would not attend any group event with strangers moving around in groups at exhibits. No social distancing and little air circulation. Perfect for spreading any virus.https://miami.cbslocal.com/2021/08/2...ins-hospitals/
    my area is at 99% ICU capacity. Florida state average is 93%.

17,000+ Covid patients in hospitals.

obviously people will still have heart attacks, strokes, falls and auto accidents. I imagine people will die simply due to not being able to get to everyone in time. How can they? We are staying away from everyone again however not socially distanced crowds are the norm here. Lots of tourists are coming still.

also the Florida Supreme Court said DeSantas cannot forbid school districts to issue mask mandates as he has. DeSantis is vowing to fight. In the meantime close to 1,000 people are dying a day.
    it boggles my mind that a Governor would go against the majority of the parents who want mask mandates. Even Rubio and Scott wouldn’t support the Governor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I have wondered if I bought a piece of lace and tied it over my nose and mouth would it qualify as a face covering and meet legal requirements.
    The person who cleans the stalls where my horse is being trained at, hurt themselves ( non horse related ) My trainer asked if I could step in today and tomorrow . I cleaned and re-bedded ( replaced the sawdust shavings) 18 stalls . And took a lesson. I am 60 years old. Fun Fact: The average horse's "out put" of solid waste is 8 tons a year ( not including bedding ) Go Me.
    Follow Me for more Fun Facts regarding equines

BIL and wife just flew to Hawaii for a vacation even though the governor has asked tourists to stop coming temporarily due to surges of infection. SIL had just left for a huge family wedding. It seems that many just don't want to accept restrictions again. DH is not vaccinated still; I worry for his health continually. And another thing no one talks about much - the hospital bill if you end up there for Covid.

No ICU beds left in my state.

Meanwhile, our state DOH has to spend PR time/dollars to tell people not to drink cattle dewormer to protect themselves from COVID.

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Newsroom/Arti...treat-COVID-19

We inject that stuff in goats.

too bad it’s unethical to lie to antivaxers…

”free ivermectin shots! Highly effective against covid” wink wink.

Thread Information