Page 103 of 601 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    How trustworthy is the data? I’ve seen some claims that deaths are being underreported due to insufficient testing. I’ve read that Dr Deborah Birx has said the CDC is over reposting deaths by about a quarter due to including people who die with the disease along with people who die of the disease. Cases have been reported of people dying of drug overdoses or slip and fall injuries being reported as Covid 19 deaths because they tested positive for the virus at the time of death.
    And we are going to see the number of COVID-19 cases increase because testing is going to be increased. More testing, more positive ID.

As for deaths, we humans are complex biological machines. I don’t know what my mother died of as far as what the death certificate said, but her organs gave out as a result of extreme Alzheimer’s disease. So yeah Alzheimer’s killed her but her heart stopped. That’s ultimately what kills all of us, our heart stops.

My brother in law died in February, he had been sick for a week or so with pneumoina like symptoms but he died of a drug overdose, combination of heroin and fentanyl. I suspect if he had died this month he would have been counted as a Covid-19 fatality.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My brother in law died in February, he had been sick for a week or so with pneumoina like symptoms but he died of a drug overdose, combination of heroin and fentanyl. I suspect if he had died this month he would have been counted as a Covid-19 fatality.
    My condolences to family and friends on the loss of your brother-in-law.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    And we are going to see the number of COVID-19 cases increase because testing is going to be increased. More testing, more positive ID.

As for deaths, we humans are complex biological machines. I don’t know what my mother died of as far as what the death certificate said, but her organs gave out as a result of extreme Alzheimer’s disease. So yeah Alzheimer’s killed her but her heart stopped. That’s ultimately what kills all of us, our heart stops.
    Dad died of lung cancer at age 70. Listed cause of death? Natural causes. Um, OK. Smoking for 50 years had nothing to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post

I'm so sorry Alan.

I am so sorry Alan. Y, some states aren’t acting responsibly like Wisconsin. Nevada is opening slowly and our numbers meet the government guidelines. My hairdresser is a one person shop. We have eaten outside a few times. If I lived in Chicago I wouldn’t be going anywhere. My husband goes back to work Wednesday in San Jose so I will be getting more exposure regardless.

I was up in WI diving this weekend, near Black River Falls. About a 3.5 hour drive from where I live in the NW suburbs of Chicago. Class with 3 other students and instructor. Other friends from the Chicago area were up as well. We cooked out Saturday evening. We mostly social distanced. Back up there this coming weekend to dive with a friend.

How trustworthy is the data? I’ve seen some claims that deaths are being underreported due to insufficient testing. I’ve read that Dr Deborah Birx has said the CDC is over reposting deaths by about a quarter due to including people who die with the disease along with people who die of the disease. Cases have been reported of people dying of drug overdoses or slip and fall injuries being reported as Covid 19 deaths because they tested positive for the virus at the time of death.
    I'm not sure that reducing 90,000 reported deaths by a fourth would really make a difference in the big scheme of things. I can imagine there are cases where a person with underlying conditions challenges their immune system with CV-19 and the exact cause of death may be complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am so sorry Alan. Y, some states aren’t acting responsibly like Wisconsin. Nevada is opening slowly and our numbers meet the government guidelines. My hairdresser is a one person shop. We have eaten outside a few times. If I lived in Chicago I wouldn’t be going anywhere. My husband goes back to work Wednesday in San Jose so I will be getting more exposure regardless.
    For all the talk of “irresponsible” Wisconsin, we compare favorably with our neighbors in deaths per 100,000 population (per statists.com). So far, Wisconsin has experienced 8 per 100,000, Iowa 11, Minnesota 13, Illinois 33 and Michigan 49.

For all the talk of “irresponsible” Wisconsin, we compare favorably with our neighbors in deaths per 100,000 population (per statists.com). So far, Wisconsin has experienced 8 per 100,000, Iowa 11, Minnesota 13, Illinois 33 and Michigan 49.
    502 new cases on May 16 alone. Yup, celebration time for sure! Please point us to the 14 consecutive days of dropping new cases in order to open up safely.

https://www.google.com/search?q=wisc...hrome&ie=UTF-8

Thread Information