Page 436 of 601 FirstFirst ... 336386426434435436437438446486536 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,360 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It was widely reported that Bolsonaro was "forced" to eat his pizza outside due to New York's requirement that all indoor restaurant seating required vaccinations.
    It was obviously a cynical publicity stunt and a pre-planned photo op.

https://www.google.com/search?channe...pizza+new+york

If someone like that is hungry they can have whatever they want to eat brought to them on a silver tray in their limo or their hotel room.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    It was obviously a cynical publicity stunt and a pre-planned photo op.
    It was actually an Instagram post by someone in the entourage labeled "Lets go for pizza and a Coca Cola", which was then picked up by media for their own purposes. It seems less like a "publicity stunt" by the group and more like a "see what happens to selfish people who want people to die when they visit a civilized city" stunt by the media, which seems to have worked as it was even presented that way on this thread.

If someone like that is hungry they can have whatever they want to eat brought to them on a silver tray in their limo or their hotel room.
    Of course they could, that's another reason why the "forced to eat on the sidewalk" narrative is so ridiculous.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    It was actually an Instagram post by someone in the entourage labeled "Lets go for pizza and a Coca Cola", which was then picked up by media for their own purposes.
    Posting it on Instagram with a we're just having fun headline and then quietly calling the media's attention to it with a whispered narrative of "this is what really happened" is called "plausible deniability". The general public is shown the publicity stunt and outraged headlines the celebrity wants, and the celebrity's staff can politely deny that they had anything to do with the photo being misrepresented.

I'm more cynical than you about this politician, and you're apparently more cynical about the media than I am. But the truth is neither of us will ever know for sure what really happened or who promoted the "forced to eat on sidewalk" narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    The tracking and tracing train left the station 18 months ago. It only works if 1) people are willing to participate which many Americans are not, and 2) if the number of infections is low enough to make it manageable, which is obviously not the case in much of the US because ‘muh freedumb’. At this point all we can do is hope that Alan’s speculation that the diseased who don’t die actually are immune for some length of time. Between those folks and the rest of us who were smart enough to get vaccinated we will hopefully achieve herd immunity.
    Look to Idaho for the evidence. Governor Little said Idaho citizens will do the responsible thing so no restrictions while hospitals are devastated, staff are beyond exhausted and the vaccinated who arrive with significant injury wait hours and hours to be seen.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    the vaccinated who arrive with significant injury wait hours and hours to be seen.
    That's on the hospitals for prioritizing people who chose to get covid by not getting vaccinated over the vaccinated. They could change their triage standards.

ETA: They could also move overdose cases down the priority list.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeParker View Post
    I'm more cynical than you about this politician, and you're apparently more cynical about the media than I am. But the truth is neither of us will ever know for sure what really happened or who promoted the "forced to eat on sidewalk" narrative.
    Pizzas and Sidewalks and Whips, Oh My!
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    That's on the hospitals for prioritizing people who chose to get covid by not getting vaccinated over the vaccinated. They could change their triage standards.

ETA: They could also move overdose cases down the priority list.
    Would you apply the same standard to other unhealthy actors? Smokers or the obese, for instance.

A friend who attended a masked and vaccinated concert recently in Oregon just got a quick test to reassure herself. She came back from Texas a while back, where she was publicly mocked for wearing a mask. Two different worlds.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Would you apply the same standard to other unhealthy actors? Smokers or the obese, for instance.
    Yep. I have been packing on the pounds - twenty since covid started - and if I have adverse health effects that's on me. I would fully expect a healthier, especially a younger and healthier person, to be triaged ahead of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yep. I have been packing on the pounds - twenty since covid started - and if I have adverse health effects that's on me. I would fully expect a healthier, especially a younger and healthier person, to be triaged ahead of me.
    Don’t those people have enough to think about without making moral evaluations of their patients?

Thread Information