Page 10 of 601 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110510 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

I selfishly am worried about my August Europe trip. Our airfare is nonrefundable

Teacher Terry, we are going to Italy in October. I am resigned that if the new disease causes me to not go, we all be more concerned with things other than money and travel. We figure airfares are nonrefundable but can be changed.

I am watching the videos of two doctors who are very calm and provide their sources. They are becoming more concerned with the data coming from various countries. Iran especially. If it heads to Africa, it is a dangerous situation due to lack of medical infrastructure. Even with care, no one has the infection control space needed for infected patients in serious condition.

I am staying calm but every now and then a "what if" pops in and I have to tamp it down.

Sweet, I am sure you are correct. I can’t remember if I mentioned it in this thread or not but a Chinese reporter who has since disappeared reported that the death rate is 10x’s the reported number. He said that they are running 50 crematoriums 24/7 and the amount of sulfur dioxide in the air supports his claim. Our airfare was a one time special deal so I think we lose it but haven’t checked because it’s so far away and really want to go with my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    Even with care, no one has the infection control space needed for infected patients in serious condition.
    This is the dirty secret about these sorts of diseases. A handful of Ebola patients would completely absorb my relatively-well-prepared state's resources.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    My heart is heavy. Coronavirus has arrived in the homeland - Austria has it's first two cases, with both patients being treated in Innsbruk. I pray for the best for Austria in regards to this virus. Rob

I texted my son in Vietnam but he said that they had 16 cases and all recovered.

A friend just emailed re the coronavirus/covid19. The following should be considered hearsay.

According to employees of an American company in China, they are in self-quarantine and shops and restaurants are closed. They are running out of food. In one city, there are armed guards who will shoot at you if you come out on the streets. (That's a rumor I hear some time ago.)

They are running out of baby formula. Some of the calls they've had with co-workers indicate that usually very calm, rational people are terrified. And said company just got a warning to get their employees out of Italy.

All of that has been in the overseas news. Best thing to overcome irrational fear is to get some medical understanding of what is going on. So far, as the people who caught the disease are recovering, the death rate decreases statistically. It is highest among the elderly and sick (although middle age can die too). Just like influenza. Highly contagious.

I am most interested in whether it can infect the same person over and over or if our antibodies will help protect. Very much a guessing game.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch...mp-79434821967

no worries. Rush Limbaugh has said it is all a hoax to bring down Donald Trump. Just a cold. No reason to trust the CDC or WHO. China is even in on the act, destroying their economy all in the effort to bring Trump down. He knows more than the Doctors, scientists etc. apparently. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    https://www.msnbc.com/hardball/watch...mp-79434821967

no worries. Rush Limbaugh has said it is all a hoax to bring down Donald Trump. Just a cold. No reason to trust the CDC or WHO. China is even in on the act, destroying their economy all in the effort to bring Trump down. He knows more than the Doctors, scientists etc. apparently. Carry on.
    Sometimes Rush gets things wrong.

I was listening to Rush just this week and he was theorizing that the Central Democratic Party knows they’re going to lose in the Presidential election which is why they are not backing their best candidates. They just want to get through the years following the 2020 election to put forth their golden boy or golden girl in 2024.. That would explain why daddy Joe Biden is promoted by the old polls in the party.

I found that theory interesting.

Thread Information