Page 495 of 601 FirstFirst ... 395445485493494495496497505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I'm going to wait out the coming surge, if any, before venturing out to get my booster. After all, I'm safe here in the bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    I'm going to wait out the coming surge, if any, before venturing out to get my booster. After all, I'm safe here in the bunker.
    Are you still without a car?

I pretty much only go into dive shops these days or Walgreens for allergy meds. Amazon for everything including groceries.

The message seems to be life sucks (here are all the restrictions we will slap on you) and then you die (because the restrictions will not stop covid anyways). That being the case I am thinking about parachuting when the weather gets warmer. Why not live life dangerously when it is so precarious?
    because parachuting sounds about as appealing as being strung to a torture rack. It's like "hey why not try waterboarding if life is so precarious? wouldn't you like to know what it is like to be waterboarded before you die? Wouldn't it be a pity to die before one has experienced waterboarding?". Uh no, no, it really would not. I mean I could see getting into drugs, if one had no concern for consequences, at least that sounds like fun.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I think skydiving would be fun, just risky. Drugs are not my thing.

Today I went to the supermarket. What a mob scene! It was so packed. Covid obviously has not cut down on the population much.

Here in the lower Midwest we’re having our last very nice day of balmy weather. December has been crazy nice weather.

I went all the way out to the country today to attend a bulldog meet up that was held outdoors. 15 bulldogs milling around, can’t get better than that.

With the case counts going so high we’re not going to be doing indoor dining again until things calm back down.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    With the case counts going so high we’re not going to be doing indoor dining again until things calm back down.
    Yep. A non-vaxxed friend had wanted to go out to dinner after I got back from my FL trip. Cook County (where Chicago is) mandated vax cards must be shown after 1/3 for indoor dining, visiting the gym, etc. I’ll have to show mine when I go back to the gym. So no dining out for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Are you still without a car?

I pretty much only go into dive shops these days or Walgreens for allergy meds. Amazon for everything including groceries.
    Yeah, but Uber will do the trick.
    I have no excuse about the car. I can't say I miss it much.
    I'm working on the Amazon Fresh order I'll have delivered in a few days when the snow is gone.

My daughter and I are having dinner, indoors, with our next-door neighbors tonight. We've all been involuntarily quarantined here for about a week due to the severe weather event, and neither household has seen anyone else during this time. Nonetheless, all parties involved took Covid tests about 30 mins ago.

We'd dine outside, but it is currently 20 degrees outside, and winds should pick up to 30+ knots this evening.

Fun times.

Yppej
    All the caution will just prolong the time until we get past this, because eventually everyone will get it and then we'll be done. Yes, no escaping it even in quarantine:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/30/healt...ion/index.html

Thread Information