Page 111 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The Act specifically exempted public safety employees such as police and firefighters.

The unions did indeed make all the noise they could. They especially detested the provision that employers would no longer deduct union dues from paychecks, effectively making membership voluntary. The county government I worked for went from seven collective bargaining units to one (sheriff’s deputies). Somehow the world didn’t end.
    Got the info from Wikipedia..... Glad Walker is gone. Am sick of all the drama. Now can't wait for trump to be gone. The drama is constant with him!

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob,

We could play the game called “but what about “where I could counter two instances of a different socioeconomic group failing to social distance for every instance you put forth. Believe me honey, I can do it, I could post pictures of the activities in my neighborhood.

But there’s no point in it. You have your preconceived notion and will provide content to support your favorite narratives..

I wasn’t gonna say anything even though there’s lots of crap going on in my neighborhood right now. Because we are cool —urban – close to everything—we have very large groups* of people gathering in Airbnb‘s around here. The shtshw I just read about 10 minutes ago (which prompted me to respond to you) was a block from me where 23 people stayed in one large house. The neighbors counted how many people were getting out of the party bus to go into the house. Last weekend I observed a different party going on with a bunch of people piling out of cars with their suitcases, standing around outside, smoking, loud music, helium balloons. NO SOCIAL DISTANCING. (Note my capital letters here because you like using those)

So here’s my bottom line – some people observe some social distancing activity some of the time. If you’d like to tie it to one socioeconomic group then I think you’re are quite limited in your view of the world.

*edited to add: these groups would, by any measure of keyboard warriors, be considered “of diverse makeup” as signaled by, ummm, skullcaps, pants-fallin’-down and etc. The latest incident included gunplay between them and next door neighbor. Real sweetheartS. Not what I would consider regular proponents of fine dining.
    A block of only 23 people? Check out this one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/5226723002/

Oregon breaks down COVID19 infection by ZIP code and at first glance, the highest concentration seems to be in poorer neighborhoods where people have to go out to work, and may live closer together. In my old hood, where friends live currently, there's a surprisingly low incidence. But Oregon has the lowest infection rate overall on the West Coast. I hope it stays that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A block of only 23 people? Check out this one:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...us/5226723002/
    No, the party bus held 23 people who all went into the Air bnb house.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Oregon breaks down COVID19 infection by ZIP code and at first glance, the highest concentration seems to be in poorer neighborhoods where people have to go out to work, and may live closer together. In my old hood, where friends live currently, there's a surprisingly low incidence. But Oregon has the lowest infection rate overall on the West Coast. I hope it stays that way.
    Yes our region’s zip code map shows highest infection rateS In the poor neighborhoods.

Our state has many poor people in rural counties that are poor, so I don’t know how the infection rate is among that group, but because they don’t congregate in concentrated areas of population or in, for instance, public transportation (because there is none!) the infection rate probably is not as bad—yet. I have not checked tho, so I don’t really know

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Duh!
    sigh, I know.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Rob,

We could play the game called “but what about “where I could counter two instances of a different socioeconomic group failing to social distance for every instance you put forth. Believe me honey, I can do it, I could post pictures of the activities in my neighborhood.

But there’s no point in it. You have your preconceived notion and will provide content to support your favorite narratives..

I wasn’t gonna say anything even though there’s lots of crap going on in my neighborhood right now. Because we are cool —urban – close to everything—we have very large groups* of people gathering in Airbnb‘s around here. The shtshw I just read about 10 minutes ago (which prompted me to respond to you) was a block from me where 23 people stayed in one large house. The neighbors counted how many people were getting out of the party bus to go into the house. Last weekend I observed a different party going on with a bunch of people piling out of cars with their suitcases, standing around outside, smoking, loud music, helium balloons. NO SOCIAL DISTANCING. (Note my capital letters here because you like using those)

So here’s my bottom line – some people observe some social distancing activity some of the time. If you’d like to tie it to one socioeconomic group then I think you’re are quite limited in your view of the world.

*edited to add: these groups would, by any measure of keyboard warriors, be considered “of diverse makeup” as signaled by, ummm, skullcaps, pants-fallin’-down and etc. The latest incident included gunplay between them and next door neighbor. Real sweetheartS. Not what I would consider regular proponents of fine dining.
    Much like the police, I hold the well to do to a higher standard. That's why I find it so upsetting that these people on the Scottsdale Waterfront cared so little for other people as to not wear masks.....if these people immune to the truth if America they could at least express gratitude for this via wearing a mask. But I guess in America that's asking for too much. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Much like the police, I hold the well to do to a higher standard. That's why I find it so upsetting that these people on the Scottsdale Waterfront cared so little for other people as to not wear masks.....if these people immune to the truth if America they could at least express gratitude for this via wearing a mask. But I guess in America that's asking for too much. Rob
    Should be if these people are immune to the truth of America above. Rob

Should be if these people are immune to the truth of America above. Rob
    What truth is that?

You do love getting into a self righteous tizzy about nothing!

I hope you are taking your blood pressure medicine ha ha

Thread Information