Page 46 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

Self-isolation, staying close to home, and having a few extra supplies on hand rates pretty low on my list of concerns. I self-entertain well with local wonders. If I were still in the work force or had children at home life could get complicated, but then again I'd be younger and a lower health risk. I really respect the people in the health care industry for putting things on the line to help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    L, just because you don’t value travel doesn’t mean it’s not valuable for others.
    Takes all kinds. Some people like to be spanked.

The gov just closed the schools in Michigan. New Mexico also closed.

L, not even comparable!

Here's what's going on in IL/Chicago/Cook County

https://wgntv.com/news/coronavirus/s...ovid-19-cases/

Chicago public schools aren't closing down yet.

From Salt Lake City, because of virus concerns; The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints - has discontinued all meetings and activities in the Church - worldwide, effective immediately. Interestingly, the focus of learning the last couple of years has been "Home centered, Church supported" meaning we study as families at home and Sunday's lessons reinforce what was studied at home.

The letter from Church leadership implied this could be for months, so we will continue to learn at home as families and via modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post

All of the promised government financial reliefs and restrictions have been fine OK I guess, but it would be nice to have words from the president about expanding testing facilities and products, healthcare training, and preparing for hospital over loads, should they come.
    The time when a president would actually be helpful for a situation like this ended a little over 3 years ago. Since republicans freely, and gleefully, admit that they are incompetent at managing anything you should assume that you're on your own with regards to surviving this.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Takes all kinds. Some people like to be spanked.
    How did this suddenly become a conversation about trump's sexual quirks?

The last few days at work are filled with hour by hour updates about our hospitalís emergency response if/when covid19 comes to us.

I always wondered whether I would escape or go to work in a pandemic - now I know. I go to work. I care not only for our patients but for our staff. Iím right where I belong and Iím cool with it all. Itís been an interesting week.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveinMN View Post
    As will those working at the event venues, at restaurants nearby, taxi/rideshare drivers taking people to and from these events,.... This is going to go deep if it goes for any significant length of time. Not to disregard the effects on those who get seriously ill or die, but even those who never knowingly get COVID-19 will see a negative impact from it.
    I expect this will be in the billions of dollars, total impact. Some I expect will be recovered by timeshifting. But what would the effect, if these events weren't canceled, and we had Spanish flu style reactions/number of deaths?

One friend said today, that he understood they are trying to slow the spread, but he thought all the panic, reminded him of the War of the Worlds broadcast, that so many believed was actually happening.

Thread Information