Page 568 of 601 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Great message to give kids - you are disease vectors. If you breathe on your grandparents you can kill them. While adults including politicians partied maskless in bars and restaurants and stadiums filled with tens of thousands of people (including doctors at medical conferences) even if you had special needs that made wearing a mask difficult, you had to so all day long in school, because the vast majority of the pandemic response fell on your tiny shoulders, including in New York City that for the better part of a year masked toddlers and only toddlers. Schools were closed as nonessential but liquor stores and pot shops remained open. Why do we hate children so much in this country?

oh for heaven’s sake, jep, the little snot nosed ones just ARE worse at spreading any communicable disease. We dont hate them, instead we recognize their differing habits.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am taking a 11 day trip staying 2 nights in each city except for one. Starting in Zurich, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague. I am going in April.
    That sounds really nice!

A former manager once described them as "little petri dishes" breeding all kinds of germs. Anecdotally, I've noticed that people with little kids seem to get a lot more colds and viruses.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    I am taking a 11 day trip staying 2 nights in each city except for one. Starting in Zurich, Munich, Salzburg, Vienna and Prague. I am going in April.
    I wish you a wonderful time, especially after your illness in Ireland.

Okay---I'm gonna add this one to the kid-hating pile-on. In my years o' working at numerous businesses, is what you have are the guys who drag themselves into work, even though they are sick. The story is that the kids brought home the bug that Dad caught, but he can't afford to miss work, or the boss might sanction him. Plus, he needs the $$$ to support the little buggers. And then--you get sick, too. Yep. They are vectors o' communicable disease, all right. Employers needta insist sick people stay home. That's what sick days are for. Hope that helps you some. Thankk Mee.

Thanks everybody I am really looking forward to my trip in 4 months).

Little kids get more colds because that is how the body works, immunity is learned through exposure. They are doing exactly what they need to do for the survival of the species.

But yeah, if you don't like kids and think they are germy, definitely stay away from them.

Just heard dear friends in Canada now are very sick with Covid. The talk here is that the flu is rampant and respiratory ailments for kids and elders is on the rise. May be time to don masks again?

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Just heard dear friends in Canada now are very sick with Covid. The talk here is that the flu is rampant and respiratory ailments for kids and elders is on the rise. May be time to don masks again?
    https://www.statnews.com/2022/11/21/...hree-years-in/

That's pretty interesting. I'm probably more conservative than the infectious disease experts, but I suspect I'm in a higher risk age group.

Thread Information