Page 394 of 454 FirstFirst ... 294344384392393394395396404444 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,940 of 4534

Thread: Conavirus......

Mask mandates in Florida schools will be useless. Adults are spreading the disease by socializing with each other in close quarters. And unless you employ drones and other spy technology how will government even know if people are partying never mind stop them. So the battle over masks in schools is all political.

Deleted my post to jeppy.

sincere question - is there anybody here who actually thinks there is anything any of us could say to jeppy that would change her mind or attitude about covid or masks?

and if not, again, not a rhetorical question, why do you keep talking to her about it?

eta - also, not talking behind backs, fully confident I am attempting to start this conversation right in front of her. Don’t care, don’t believe anything I say to her will have any impact on her, which is why I’m not addressing her. She told me to stop wasting my time, and it was good advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

sincere question - is there anybody here who actually thinks there is anything any of us could say to jeppy that would change her mind or attitude about covid or masks?

and if not, again, not a rhetorical question, why do you keep talking to her about it?
    I don't post here much, but I read everyday. I have over 35+ year in the dental field . I have worn masks the entire time without any side effects to my health. I have told Jeppy several times that her phobia to facts is ridiculous. And makes her look silly.

So to that end : Mark Twain was credited with saying " Never argue with stupid people . They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience "

Or as Forrest Gump said " Stupid is as stupid does"

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    I don't post here much, but I read everyday. I have over 35+ year in the dental field . I have worn masks the entire time without any side effects to my health. I have told Jeppy several times that her phobia to facts is ridiculous. And makes her look silly.

So to that end : Mark Twain was credited with saying " Never argue with stupid people . They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience "

Or as Forrest Gump said " Stupid is as stupid does"
    What a bigoted comment. I guess all the special needs students who are exempted from wearing masks for behavioral reasons are "ridiculous", "silly" and "stupid". Because no one should ever have a problem with a mask.

As if someone who voluntarily chooses a profession where they have to wear a mask is in the same category as someone who has no choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    What a bigoted comment. I guess all the special needs students who are exempted from wearing masks for behavioral reasons are "ridiculous", "silly" and "stupid". Because no one should ever have a problem with a mask.

As if someone who voluntarily chooses a profession where they have to wear a mask is in the same category as someone who has no choice in the matter.
    No... Not bigoted. You are deliberately being ignorant . The facts are there. You try and cheat the system to the detriment of your eye sight. You are actually contemplating poking yourself with tooth picks .... I stand by my first post My 6 year old Grand daughter has Downs Syndrome . We have no problem with her wearing a mask

No she will not change her mind, IMO, and that is why I don't respond to any mask posts/threads. Nuff said.

Let's talk about something interesting though; how are your plans for classes going for the new school year with covid issues still impacting personal interaction with the kids which is so important. Are you able to go back to the usual routine of 2019 or do you still need to make special arrangements. I am really interested in your classes as they are unique and I remember you had challenges to deal with teaching in the restrictions of 2020 as did all teachers.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post

no, what is the point?

I think jeppy may have a harder time simply wearing a physical mask than I have, but also I’m not often in a position where I have to wear it for long periods.

I also think there’s much variance in mask science. Make no mistake and don’t jump all over me, because I know that everyone masking up prevents much of the spread of the disease. But the devil is in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    no, what is the point?

I think jeppy may have a harder time simply wearing a physical mask than I have, but also I’m not often in a position where I have to wear it for long periods.

I also think there’s much variance in mask science. Make no mistake and don’t jump all over me, because I know that everyone masking up prevents much of the spread of the disease. But the devil is in the details.
    And if she has a physical issue... Fine But all of her "fact filled" links she posts claiming that masks don't work is the deliberately ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by boss mare View Post
    And if she has a physical issue... Fine But all of her "fact filled" links she posts claiming that masks don't work is the deliberately ignorant.
    A sincere question.....Do all masks work? I ask because I remember reading some time ago about studies showing that most cloth and paper masks provide so little protection as to be statistically useless. However, I've never heard proponents of mandatory masking say anything about what types of masks are acceptable and which are not. To me, that indicates the possibility that all the mask hysteria is mostly theater, well meaning theater but theater none-the-less.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Thank you for bringing up mask science IL and Alan. Here are some relevant articles on the real world efficacy of masks:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-COVID-19.html

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spence...dates-n2589990

https://www.city-journal.org/do-mask...f-the-evidence

https://www.studyfinds.org/face-mask...covid-indoors/

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021...uncertain.html

Not that I will change some people's minds with facts. It is easier to follow the crowd and look for easy answers.

Thread Information