Page 395 of 454 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397405445 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4534

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    At this point, with the Delta variant spreading like wildfire, I believe, for myself, it would be inappropriate to appear in public mask-free. I would not want to make such a statement about myself, either. To do so would go against how I was raised and much of what I believe in. YMMV and that's fine, you'all do you. But for myself, I will mask up until the Delta variant and any other possibly coming mutations are sorted out. As I see it, it would be UnAustrian to not mask up, and beyond that, it would be anti-society to not mask up.

I am not willing to make such statements about myself and how much or how little I care about other people/society at large. Once again, you'all do you, I realize that not everyone is going to agree with me nor understand me. But I am going to do me here, as you'all do you. Fair enough? Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    At this point, with the Delta variant spreading like wildfire, I believe, for myself, it would be inappropriate to appear in public mask-free. I would not want to make such a statement about myself, either. To do so would go against how I was raised and much of what I believe in. YMMV and that's fine, you'all do you. But for myself, I will mask up until the Delta variant and any other possibly coming mutations are sorted out. As I see it, it would be UnAustrian to not mask up, and beyond that, it would be anti-society to not mask up.

I am not willing to make such statements about myself and how much or how little I care about other people/society at large. Once again, you'all do you, I realize that not everyone is going to agree with me nor understand me. But I am going to do me here, as you'all do you. Fair enough? Rob
    You should have the right to wear a mask, and I should have the right not to. Why don't you read the five articles I just posted and let me know what you think?

I'm especially interested in whether you are wearing an N95 mask specially fitted to your face.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    You should have the right to wear a mask, and I should have the right not to. Why don't you read the five articles I just posted and let me know what you think?

I'm especially interested in whether you are wearing an N95 mask specially fitted to your face.
    I realize there's been some friction here with your takes on wearing masks and given that I have in the past been involved in friction on this board, I am not seeking more. As I stated above, you'all do you and I will do me. Me at this point in time is me masking up. How long this will continue to be me - I don't know. It depends on the trajectory of this virus.

But I will read your articles, and no, I am not wearing an N95 mask. Rob

Thank you Rob. I got the articles from one of my city councilors who said I raised valid points.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Explain to us, oh wise master of all things medical, how the N95 is "specially fitted to your face"?

Waiting....

Thank you for asking razz.

We are opening 100% in person, 100% masks, feel free to share your vaccine status or don’t with whomever - we were at 70% staff vaccinated in March and I know some have been vaccinated since (waited a while after being sick or had to wait because they couldn’t make vaccine day and were too young otherwise) and at least two unvaccinated left the building - one quit and one is now full remote paperwork.

we have requirements concerning what types of masks are acceptable (thank you Alan) and if your child is not wearing one, an appropriately sized adult or pediatric mask will be given to them and you will be charged $5.

we will have split lunches to reduce cafeteria occupancy, which I find frustrating and I am unfortunately on the lunch schedule I find less desirable the two days a week I have lunch. This was apologized for, but couldn’t really be changed. (I’m sorry the situation is the way it is GP )

outside classrooms available, use strongly encouraged, windows open, hand washing between classes, air purifiers in rooms.
    We have reduced spacing to 3ft between students in the classroom, and can use our judgement about letting them work together on something (last year I was not allowed to let students who arrived in the same car after an overnight visit share materials.)

at least two counties in our four county area are mask optional and our enrollment us up 25% over precovid. Mostly in the early grades. We ran out of cubbies in the k-2 rooms.

I got new shelves The director told me today again that we will not go remote. She had just had the joy of telling an angry long term problem parent who was remote all year last year that remote would definitely not be an option and no, her child could not attend without a mask and no, we don’t have to take them if they can’t wear a mask (they can wear a mask. They once wore a rubber Halloween head all day) we aren’t a public school and I’m sorry you feel that way - because enrollment is up 25%.

I personally think it’s because we have a mask mandate and promise to stay in person.

open house and orientation for new students and families is Sunday. I have some “new to me” returning students who I won’t meet until the 7th. A few of my kids who are returning to me from last year are already emailing me.

I got new shelves. (Yes, I said that twice - it required minor demolition and reconstruction. I’ve been asking for 11 years. I put stuff on them today.)

I wore N95s but not specifically fitted to my face. I don't have that *access*, I'm not medical personnel. The point was do what I was actual capable of doing to not get seriously sick/dead etc.. Not some theoretically optimal thing I couldn't implement - because if one can't have perfection may as well do nothing.

I'm more casual now, because vaccination, I know it's a confusing world out there but yea vaccines seem mostly holding up.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Explain to us, oh wise master of all things medical, how the N95 is "specially fitted to your face"?

Waiting....
    Here is a video that shows you the steps.

https://youtu.be/CoSb-HJJ5tk

Now how many people do you think are doing this in real life to get the results from lab studies that "prove" masks are effective at stopping covid-19?

A school where staff don't have to get vaccinated because they think masks will save them - yikes!

Thank you, CL, for the clear info on how classes are coming into being. I think most parents just want to know what is happening with their children and to feel as secure in steps taken as is possible these days. Glad that you finally got the shelves you needed after a wait of 11 years. Wishing you and your students an enjoyable year!
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Thread Information