Page 196 of 601 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

This is a test of us as a nation. Our "leader" is a cruel joke, so we're on our own. What if Londoners had balked at turning off the lights during the Blitz? Individual freedom, don'tcha know...Other countries have followed guidelines and have prevailed. IMO, we're pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Individual freedom, don'tcha know...Other countries have followed guidelines and have prevailed. IMO, we're pathetic.
    Well, this country was founded upon the principle of individual liberty outside the tyranny of an oppressive government. It's been part of our national character for so long those of us who believe in that sort of thing would rather do things for the right reason than demand our leaders force us to do so. I think that's the opposite of pathetic, but being able to disagree may be the ultimate personal liberty these days. I hope we all get to keep it.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

We're forced to do all kinds of things all the time in this country that we may not want to do. I don't think it's too much to ask of a "leader" to consider the issues, and set an example. For example, make sure all the states get PPE under a fair distribution system. YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That sounds like my dentist. I went for a cleaning after almost a year. Magazines an extra truck key is gone from the waiting room. They did take my temperature.
    IL: Does "extra truck key" translate to extra tchotchkes?

Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    IL: Does "extra truck key" translate to extra tchotchkes?
    Why yes! Yes it does!

Me and my dictation software lady aim to provide you all entertainment! She is creative!

Why yes! Yes it does!

Me and my dictation software lady aim to provide you all entertainment! She is creative!
    And I just thought "well, I guess they do it a bit different in Missouri." Thanks rosa for the clarification!

It's like a guessing game sometimes!

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I heard on the news - and believe these are US figures - 500,000 children have tested positive for covid and 103 have died, a mortality rate of .0002 percent among those tested. Even without factoring in all the untested children you see that this virus is not the big deal that those with a vested interest in hysteria, who want to keep the schools shut down, portray it to be.
    And only five teachers have died so far. Including one who was 28. That probably seems really old to her students so we can lump her death in with your ‘old people dying is fine’ attitude, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    Well, this country was founded upon the principle of individual liberty outside the tyranny of an oppressive government. It's been part of our national character for so long those of us who believe in that sort of thing would rather do things for the right reason than demand our leaders force us to do so. I think that's the opposite of pathetic, but being able to disagree may be the ultimate personal liberty these days. I hope we all get to keep it.
    It's been my understanding that personal freedoms end or need to be limited when that restricts the liberties of others. Like, limiting exposure to second hand smoke or drinking and driving. I see similarities in Covid behavior and following healthy guidelines. It's not like it's unconditional, although there are certainly gray areas.

Why yes! Yes it does!

Do I win the coveted Golden Salad Spinner Award?

Thread Information