Page 137 of 601 FirstFirst ... 3787127135136137138139147187237 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    65% of our OR staff cannot be fitted for N95. Now what? Since you know all
    Oh, oh, Mr. Kotter!!!

The financial impact of COVID-19 on American hospitals ...http://www.aha.org/system/files/medi...0520-FINAL.pdf

Revenue losses (cancelled elective surgeries) and extra costs (PPE, etc.).

I was happy to hear that Massachusetts now has the lowest Covid transmission rate in the US. It seems we are doing something right.

Yppej
    Rosa, despite the best rate around the governor is delaying moving to phase 3. I know people who want to get married outdoors but cannot have wedding guests.

Also in state news today - testing of people who went to protests - much larger gatherings than the weddings would be - showed zero impact. The covid positive rate was the same low rate as in the population at large. Of course the governor cannot admit he is wrong and is saying the protesters were okay because they were moving around. This is false. They were lying down for 9 minutes, the amount of time George Floyd had a knee on his neck. They were also sitting and/or standing still listening to speeches. They were only moving some of the time. But he is not interested in facts.

Wisconsin was getting better until 6/19, when the 14-day moving average number of positive tests stopped diminishing.

Now this state is getting sicker with COVID-19 by the day.

I gather that something like 25 other states are also getting sicker.

We received a wedding invitation yesterday from a WHAM-O beautiful couple. The wedding is to take place during the second week of September, in a repurposed barn, in the Northern Highlands of Wisconsin. We can imagine how cute it will be, but I believe we should regretfully decline that invitation.

I am a bit concerned about taking our road trip to TX in a few days. We will do one night at a hotel and one at an Air BnB. We will be staying at DD's house and not going anywhere once we get there. They work at home but their kids have gone back to daycare. They want to get together with some other family at the house but that makes me nervous as one works in healthcare. So there will be potential exposure here and there. Silly me - I also wonder where one finds restrooms on the road that are OK to use.

Rosa, despite the best rate around the governor is delaying moving to phase 3.
    Cause, meet effect. I guess our great results are just pure ass luck, and has nothing to do with the actions our Dictoratorial (trademark) governor has done.

From what I have read (and feel free to correct me and I'm sure you will) Phase 3 has been planned to start on June 29. I could not find anything about this date being delayed from a web search. I'm not seeing any delay.

Also comparing crowds in an open air environment as opposed to inside a building is dishonest. But you know that. Keep beating your dead horse with your smelly mask.

Yppej
    Herbgeek phase 3 is delayed until at least July 6. So much for celebrating freedom on the 4th of July.

I compared outdoor weddings to outdoor protests, not an outdoor event to an indoor event. Call me dishonest again because you have trouble with reading comprehension and you too will be added to my ignore list.

Herbgeek: "Cause, meet effect." I love it! I can't believe folks are still putting down the governor, when all indications are that he has handled this pandemic so successfully.
    Jeppy: I would rather see things move more slowly, but successfully, rather than follow the path of states that have opened things too quickly and are now moving in the wrong direction.
    We can certainly celebrate freedom on the Fourth, just in a manner consistent with current circumstances. I'll be happy to be alive and having a low-key celebration, rather than be dead or in an ICU room with no celebration at all.

Me and my partner watched a wedding on the intertubes, it was only immediate family due to covid. So there was no invitation to decline, I mean the plan was to go, but that was long before covid changed evreyone's plans including not inviting anyone but family. So no you don't actually need to have some large wedding.

--

The odd thing is by calling prudent government dictatorship, they have made dictatorship sound so appealing, and what they call freedom (the right to infect everyone) so loathsome, that dictatorship, where do I sign up? I would totally join the Dictatorship party.
    Trees don't grow on money

Thread Information