Page 302 of 601 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402 ... LastLast
Results 3,011 to 3,020 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post

John Hopkins. Any questions? But go on with hating fat people. As if healthier people don't just get long covid instead of dying from it.
    I know quite a few people who've had it, quite sadly. Obesity? 1. Most are athletic.

Wear a mask. Social Distancing. No crowds. No combining households if everyone hasn't been isolating.

It is so sad that this country cannot get these guidelines through their thick skulls. I never dreamed we'd be in crisis 10 months after this shit started. But "ma rights" come first. Sigh.........................

If everyone who came into contact with smokers got lung cancer at the same rate as the smokers then, yes, they would be hated as much as you hate fat people and masks.

If a disease was spreading that disproportionately killed smokers that could be controlled (theoretically this is a failed state here I realize) through measures like masks and other public health measures, as is clearly shown by countries like South Korea, but wasn't, my first target would not be: the smokers, but the failure to control the spread of the disease. Lung cancer is directly caused by smoking not by a contagious disease that should be controlled by public health measures if public health actually has any meaning At All beyond individual health. If a miracle treatment came out for lung cancer, I wouldn't say, those smokers deserve to die, don't let them have it. But that's what I view failure to control covid as.

But then of course one steps back one step and looks at the social determinants of health, ok with death from covid it's race and poverty which also correlates with obesity but also is an independent risk factor for covid even when that's adjusted for. With smoking maybe the same, but it's clearly adverse childhood experience as well that drives smoking and drug usage, this is clear. It doesn't mean smoking doesn't cause cancer.
    Trees don't grow on money

Some notes on Coronavirus vaccination in Israel.

About one-fourth of the population of Israel has received at least the first of two doses. The rate of vaccination in Israel is about 8 times greater then the USA, and 50 times the world average. The government's stated goal is to vaccinate the entire population (9.3 million people) by the end of March.

One week after receiving the second dose, Israelis will be issued "green passports", which will enable them to travel abroad, participate in one-time events where they would mingle with people, go into restaurants, and avoid quarantine after exposure to a person infected by the COVID-19 virus. The immunity passport expires after 6 months, but I gather that it will be renewable. Similar immunity passports are under consideration in the UK, Estonia, Italy, and Chile.

Israel has an agreement with Pfizer, a multinational manufacturer of one of the vaccines, to share medical and statistical information about Israelis; and the CEO of Pfizer has promised to speed up deliveries to Israel in the weeks ahead. Coincidentally, Pfizer has told European countries and Canada that they will temporarily reduce deliveries of vaccine. The company said the reduction will be temporary, as their manufacturing plant in Belgium "is scaling up production".

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Masks: https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/10...aff.2020.00818

Successful counties (one of which is mine) that don’t listen to people like Yppej: https://247wallst.com/healthcare-eco...-one-had-died/
    Thank you for posting this! I also live in one of those 80 counties.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I question the accuracy of that list. My mom's hometown, Greeley County Kansas, is on the list. But reality is that they have had more than twice as many cases as it shows, with roughly 8% of their population having tested positive and probably an equal or greater number who had it but were never tested. Two people have died but for whatever reason Kansas isn't counting them.

Public Health authorities in various parts of the USA have been "in the news" recently, talking about shortages of either vaccine or trained staff to administer inoculation.

North Central Washington State
    Ohio
    Maine
    Northern Michigan
    Southwest Florida
    Pinal County AZ
    Mississippi
    Pennsylvania
    South Carolina
    Iowa
    Southern California
    New York City
    Niagara Falls NY
    Paterson NJ
    Kansas City
    etc.

I did a Bing Search of news articles about "vaccine shortage". Frequently, Public Health Officials are telling the press that people should be patient about waiting to hear when vaccination will be available to them. "Don't panic." "Don't call and ask. We are getting more than 200 calls a day."

They don't get to talk about vaccine shortages when vaccine sits unused, if they have received a certain amount and only administered some fraction of it (less than 30% in Cali), yea nah. There may be some shortage in people to administer it. No Planning At All ...
    Trees don't grow on money

The IL gov has said that prisoners, regardless of age or health conditions, are going to be prioritized in the next round of vaccinations. People on a mainstream local news/talk station are up in arms about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    The IL gov has said that prisoners, regardless of age or health conditions, are going to be prioritized in the next round of vaccinations. People on a mainstream local news/talk station are up in arms about this.
    Have prison staff already been vaccinated?
    I tend to agree that people who are all jammed into small areas with no chance of escape--like meat packers--should be vaccinated sooner than, for exanple, I am.

Thread Information