Page 601 of 601 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601
Results 6,001 to 6,008 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    I'vr remembered your post here these past four years. What a trip things became not longer after you posted these words! I'm just glad this time has passed and hope that in my lifetime there is not another pandemic. Rob
    I still think the media scare tactics were over the top.

it was very serious and still has some serious merits in the population. People died. Maintain your immune system as best you can and old people need to really be careful.
    I am not a serious person.

A very dear friend of mine is still suffering long covid. Way back in the "are you better off now than 4 yars ago?" days she suffered a minor case during NYC's very first wave in summer 2020. Sense of taste and smell were lost. No other symptoms. A month later she got walloped with mega fatigue (can't walk 100 feet without stopping to rest, need to sleep 14 hours a day, etc.) and headaches. 3 1/2 years later she's mostly not getting headaches anymore but the fatigue is very much still a thing. This will likely affect her for the rest of her life.

Long Covid is no joke, it is a serious thing.

And Rob, the death of your 39 year old tenant is a tragedy. Too young.
    I am not a serious person.

The biggest long-term impact COVID had on my life is that I had a full stop on business travel which continues to this day. We have learned how to do formerly face-to-face interviews by Zoom with great success. I just wish my last real business trip before COVID shut things down was someplace more exciting than Buffalo, NY. And I never even went to Niagara Falls! It was January and cold. I just went to the airport and went home. DH and I were staying in Ocean Grove NJ that year--and took advantage of going to restaurants because we never go out up here in VT. We saw how our preferred restaurants were emptying out, and the bar talk was about this strange virus and what that was going to mean.

One of my high school friends was so looking forward to our 50th high school reunion in 2020, which of course was postponed due to COVID. But he never made it to the 50th reunion when it finally happened in 2021. he had died of COVID by then. A couple of weeks later his wife died from it as well. A former neighbor died from it also.

I'm in the camp of the introverts who were comfortable being housebound.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Have a read of this. Talks about the first two months from first finding out about it to lockdown in Chicago. The day by day really brings the uncertainty back.

https://www.chicagomag.com/chicago-m...s-to-lockdown/

The four year anniversary brings a lot of thoughts to mind about how things have transpired since. I don't know if it was the Trump era or Covid but even now, many things feel off and the level of trust in public institutions continue to erode. I also feel like those were years lost and make me wonder often "where did that time go".

I’ve seen idiots online who are now saying eff it to the polio and measles vaccines that have been safety used for decades because of the Covid vaccine.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Long Covid is no joke, it is a serious thing.

And Rob, the death of your 39 year old tenant is a tragedy. Too young.
    Thank You, lL. I agree that indeed this is a tragedy. He left behind a six year old girl (age at the time) in Morelia, Michoacan, who will grow up with only vague memories of her father. Rob

Thread Information