Page 310 of 601 FirstFirst ... 210260300308309310311312320360410 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,100 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Just saw on the news video of the celebrations in Tampa last night. If I had to ask my magic 8 ball if there’s going to be a big surge in Tampa 2-3 weeks from now it would say ‘sources say highly likely’. Practically no one was wearing a mask, indoor bars packed, etc. The irresponsibility is stunning.

Something I was wondering about...tuned into the last few minutes of the Super Bowl and after the big win the players were hugging and slobbering all over each other. Are they all just special or immunized?

I suppose playing football you can’t really socially distance so why bother after the game. Watching football, on the other hand, can be done safely. Undoubtedly I wasn’t the only person who did so yesterday.

Most active athletes are tested every day, at the very least 3 times a week. That's why there are otherwise healthy competitors sitting out games. They're in quarantine due to contact tracing, exposure.

I have a friend (65-ish retiree) who lives in the Tampa region. She's in total denial. She's been meeting with groups of friends for cards, drinks, lunch, etc., for months. No masking, social distancing. Seems like it's just the culture down there. Pretty incredible.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

Just learned my brother has COVID. He acquired it in a hospital setting, and he's staying there under their watch until his symptoms subside. So far, no serious symptoms, and his fever is going down.

If you are they praying kind, please pray for him.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Catherine, I am so sorry. I hope he does well.

I'm sorry, Catherine. I hope he is better soon.

Praying for him and in the hospital so they can monitor him, so that is positive.

Catherine, have your brother in my prayers.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

So sorry to hear. In our thoughts.

Thread Information