Page 589 of 601 FirstFirst ... 89489539579587588589590591599 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,890 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Thank you. This article shows the importance of public health policy that is inclusive - the response to covid-19 has been anything but.

https://www.newsweek.com/its-time-sc...pinion-1776630
    As we're finding out now, with more and more health (and other) professionals speaking out on the overall mismanagement of the pandemic. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dec...ng-11674400955

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    As we're finding out now, with more and more health (and other) professionals speaking out on the overall mismanagement of the pandemic. https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-dec...ng-11674400955
    And yet no one has been held accountable.

And I'm sure no one ever will be. As we all see, every day, the rich and/or powerful never are.

Since the medical facilities that I've been in recently still require or encourage masks, I assume there is another side of the argument from some medical experts or no one has told them. It's not an issue for me.

I have birded with some talented birders and there is a humorous adage that when a bird that is difficult to identify flies by, it is wise to wait to call the species until it's out of sight.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebittybobby View Post
    Yeah But---I have a diploma in body shop, and I insist(from day one) that masks do SOMETHING insofar as filtering particulates, but are nowhere near 100% effective in filtering out viruses. They may keep you from inhaling "stuff" when someone sneezes, coughs, or even talks(thereby spitting droplets of saliva), but other than that.......You really would need a fitted, full-face respirator w/air supply, latex gloves and paper suit, properly disposed of after one-time use, PLUS a fastidious washing and disinfection regimen, to be anywhere near 100%, and even then...... So yeah, Hope that helps you some.
    You are pretty much right there Bobby.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    And I'm sure no one ever will be. As we all see, every day, the rich and/or powerful never are.
    The House will do some investigations of prominent people like Fauci, who in court depositions is already saying he can't recall anything, but nothing will happen to the lower level tyrants. I continue to work to replace the ones in my local government with limited success. One sent a nasty email about me saying I was "a sad, pitiful excuse for a citizen not worth the time of day" and saying I "disgust" her.

The House will do some investigations of prominent people like Fauci, who in court depositions is already saying he can't recall anything, but nothing will happen to the lower level tyrants. I continue to work to replace the ones in my local government with limited success. One sent a nasty email about me saying I was "a sad, pitiful excuse for a citizen not worth the time of day" and saying I "disgust" her.
    Now there's a professional observation. Jeez.

hunh, what a sad pitiful excuse for a government official, and I find her interaction with you disgusting.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    hunh, what a sad pitiful excuse for a government official, and I find her interaction with you disgusting.
    TY.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    my nuclear physicist-, PhD-holding -from-an-Ivy-League friend has been insistent from Day One that the masks do nothing.
    Nuclear physicists are experts on how masks work or don't work for blocking viruses? I'd be curious how those two seemingly dissimilar fields of medicine intersect.

Thread Information