Page 454 of 601 FirstFirst ... 354404444452453454455456464504554 ... LastLast
Results 4,531 to 4,540 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Getting my booster (and flu shot) on Monday. Coworker mentioned she was able to make an appt at Walgreens even though she’s under 65. I was able to make an appt as well. Underlying medical condition? I’m overweight. Wanted to get it since I’m going to FL at Christmas to cave dive.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Getting my booster (and flu shot) on Monday.
    My wife and I both got flu shots last week, we were both advised to wait two weeks for the Covid booster, not sure why.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    My wife and I both got flu shots last week, we were both advised to wait two weeks for the Covid booster, not sure why.
    Interesting! I am Scheduled to get a Covid booster in 48 hours. Maybe I’ll wait to get a flu shot then.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Interesting! I am Scheduled to get a Covid booster in 48 hours. Maybe I’ll wait to get a flu shot then.
    After exploring the interwebs this morning it appears that the 14 day delay suggestion is an older recommendation. The CDC now says it's ok to get multiple vaccinations at the same time. Interim Clinical Considerations for Use of COVID-19 Vaccines | CDC
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Yppej
    Get ready for Delta Plus because we didn't shut down travel to and from the UK.

My bf got a covid booster yesterday, has a fever, head ache, aching yesterday and worse today. He decided he wanted a booster and got one.

Could communication on boosters be any worse? I mean communication is pretty clear if over 65, or with severe immunocompromise, but otherwise could communication be any worse? Oh you can only get it if you have certain conditions, but then everything and the kitchen sink is thrown in as a "condition". Last I heard depression was a condition the qualified for a booster. However seriously you think mental health should be taken, there is no known link with depression and covid risk that most anyone is aware of. Where is the science? Explain yourselves CDC.

I think it's REALLY a back-door way of making covid boosters pretty much available FOR EVERYONE, without doing so because it would be unseemly or something, while the rest of the world lacks them or because people are still refusing the first shot. Or because we still have supply issues, only I don't think we have supply issues. Lay your cards on the table CDC, FDA, Biden admin. So it's maybe unseemly to prioritize U.S. citizens but you have decided to anyway. Then actually do so, not this half-hearted stuff, @#$# or get off the pot. Punting all decisions down to individuals and making sure the buck only ever stops there does not make you a leader.

Meanwhile being that boosters may produce a few days of illness, they are their own discouragement too. Especially if you can't even figure out if the CDC thinks you should get them today or not, but then come to think of it I have been kind of depressed ....
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    My bf got a covid booster yesterday, has a fever, head ache, aching yesterday and worse today.
    My wife and I both received the Pfizer booster on Thursday, no problems here.

I finished my 3 day indoor flower show/training event with 30 some people. After the first day no one bothered to wear a mask. It is officially “suggested” by the hotel due to state regs.

My way of avoiding Covid is to avoid humans for the most part. All of my compatriots are old and probably vaccinated but I didn’t ask everyone’s vaccine status because the majority of them would be, And it would not have made a difference anyway to my involvement.

Going to Game Night tonight. 8 of us, in person. All but 1 of us are fire/ems people.

Site is large, well-ventilated room with table that seats 16. All of us have been vaccinated since Jan, and received boosters recently.

We're all still doing quick lateral-flow COVID tests before attending. Especially as one member of the group is an elementary schoolteacher.

Was at an outside birthday party yesterday. Avoided most of the political talk, which was the typical "government shouldn't tell us what to do" and "we're vaccinated". Mentioned to one woman that I knew someone who was vaccinated and still caught Delta. Her response was "Well, if they had other health conditions....". She stopped talking when I told her it was family with no other health conditions - not some "other person". And the gentleman starting to rant against the government regulations seemed to have nothing to say when I said "I wear a mask because I care about protecting others and didn't want even a minimal risk of getting anyone else sick, let alone myself - NOT because of the government".

Seems it is still easy for folks to get all bent out of shape when it all happens to "someone else", but when those people in "yes, some people will die" end up being their husbands or wives or parents or kids or siblings, etc., it all changes.

Fortunately, the political stuff came and went quickly and it ended up being a very nice get-together with old friends.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information