Page 209 of 601 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Has anyone decided yet what they’re going to do about the holidays? I usually go to my goddaughter’s extended family. Her family is 6 kids plus parents. Then there are multiple aunts/uncles and family friends invited over. All hosted by grandparents. I’m probably not going to go.

We will do what we always do which is hardly anything.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    That sums it up here, too.

Best I can hope for over the Holidays is two or three gatherings of friends and family, preferably five or less people who have been behaving responsibly. And that's being optimistic. The viral scene could be different by then.

I won’t have my annual Xmas day party. We will get together with my kids.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Same here.

Really would like to go back to Texas to escape the winter. DH is vehemently opposed. Here we have to deal with cold and ice, isolation and I always feel sickly when it is cold (pneumonia-like). There we could go hiking, birding and exercise, see people (at a distance) and enjoy longer days and sunshine. The real problems are the distance, hotels and food to get there. We probably would have to buy a freezer there otherwise we would have to go to the store every few days and also get a water purifier. I dread the thought of the cold, dreary days ahead with nothing to look forward to. It is so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Really would like to go back to Texas to escape the winter. DH is vehemently opposed. Here we have to deal with cold and ice, isolation and I always feel sickly when it is cold (pneumonia-like). There we could go hiking, birding and exercise, see people (at a distance) and enjoy longer days and sunshine. The real problems are the distance, hotels and food to get there. We probably would have to buy a freezer there otherwise we would have to go to the store every few days and also get a water purifier. I dread the thought of the cold, dreary days ahead with nothing to look forward to. It is so depressing.
    IF you could find a freezer. I've read they're still really in short supply.

We are visiting family in TX now before winter sets in and who knows what will be happening with all the crazy goings-on. Holidays will probably be a solo event this year.

My life is a daily risk assessment but I hope to see some of our kids at Christmas. We were able to spend last weekend with our son and his family, as both they and us have been fairly isolated all summer and they are home schooling now. After 3 weeks I was told I was not contagious but we waited over 2 months to be sure. We might see our other son in November, as he works from home and has plans to drive here for a few days - depending on whether I’m back to work and if so how risky would that be .... there’s no way to know ahead of time. Our daughter lives in Toronto and the border is closed closed right now.

Edited to add that the big challenge will be for people to not make plans ahead of time - we all need to be flexible and sensitive to current risk level. I’m afraid people will make plans and stick to them no matter what.

Thread Information