Page 143 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Traveling through Tx right now. Only masks are on travelers. No locals wearing them; not even hotel desk clerk.
    Which is probably why Texas is seeing a tsunami of new cases.

Went to the gym today. LA Fitness branch in suburban Chicago.

Pool area is locked. Not open. Arrows through the entire place. Every other cardio machine blocked off. Showers unavailable. Drinking fountains turned off. They told us to bring our own water. We were also told to come already dressed to workout. They made it pretty clear they didn’t want us to us locker rooms. It was wet out this morning so I was running errands in sandals with my workout shoes and socks in a plastic grocery bag. It was raining so I didn’t change at my car. Changed inside. My purse on top of bag with my sandals was sitting on floor next to bike I was using.

I was halfway through 40 min workout when one of the employees comes over and tells me I can’t have a bag due to COVID. Excuse me? Their emails, signs, etc., made no mention of that. Guy said he wanted me to put it at the front desk. I told him my purse wasn’t going out of my sight. He relented but told me no bag for the next time.

I’ll just go back to just bringing phone, keys, and water bottle, as I used to do. That was just weird.

Wisconsin has been getting sicker each day for a week now.

The national numbers are disconcerting.

On 6/25 Texas Governor Gregg Abbott banned elective surgeries in Dallas, Harris, Travis and Bexar Counties (home to Dallas, Houston, Austin and San Antonio).

Gov. Abbott also announced that he would pause any further phases of reopening business in Texas. This action does not reverse any of the reopening phases he has already allowed. The last thing we want to do as a state is go backwards and close down businesses.

The 7-day moving average positivity rate in TX is 10.42% ... about 1 in 10 Texans who are tested for COVID-19 test positive.

Update 6/26 ... The >10% positivity in TX moved Gov. Abbott to "roll back" some of the reopening measures he had previously approved.
    At this time it is clear that the rise in cases is largely driven by certain types of activities, including Texans congregating in bars. That said, Gov. Abbott ordered the bars to close at 12:00 PM. (That is noon, right?)

And he ordered that rafting and tubing businesses must close.

And he banned outdoor gatherings of 100 or more persons, with certain exceptions.
    Last edited by dado potato; 6-27-20 at 7:17pm.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Traveling through Tx right now. Only masks are on travelers. No locals wearing them; not even hotel desk clerk.
    I'm in Montana at the moment and everywhere we've been so far has required wearing of masks. They seem to be overdoing the social distancing thing a bit though, visited the Little Bighorn Battlefield Monument today and they blocked off every other parking space, I guess to protect the cars.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

To protect people when getting in and out of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm in Montana at the moment and everywhere we've been so far has required wearing of masks. They seem to be overdoing the social distancing thing a bit though, visited the Little Bighorn Battlefield Monument today and they blocked off every other parking space, I guess to protect the cars.
    Better to err on the side of caution!

Yppej
    I heard on the radio today that JP Morgan Chase has developed a model that correctly predicts the location of covid outbreaks. They found where you have a high rate of dining inside restaurants 3 weeks later you have an outbreak. Where you high rates of people shopping at supermarkets you have a low rate of infection 3 weeks later. Here is a link to an article on this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/this...rus-cases.html

I found this interesting because despite having no risk factors I have not eaten at a restaurant since the pandemic began, though I could have crossed a nearby state line and done so indoors or out. By contrast one of my critics here, a high risk individual, has reported going out for multiple restaurant meals during the pandemic.

Things that make you go hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Things that make you go hmmm.
    Hmmm.

People here wear masks in the supermarket, but I suspect dining at a table in restaurants remove the mask to eat.

Hmmmm.

Restaurant meals outside at a odd time when you rarely encounter others is much less risky than inside dining.

We did go to a restaurant for our 40th anniversary 7d ago. They only do dinner and we took a 5PM reservation for first seating so no one had been in the restaurant for 19 hours. We were out in less than an hour not having a conversational post-dinner cocktail.

Our state has been on a rapid rise these past 4 days. No more eating out for us. We may or may not do take-out.

Thread Information