Page 147 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I want to practice my god given right to kill people. Ugh!! Since many have demonstrated that they are too stupid to follow common sense we may have to have laws just like we do for seatbelts,etc. My sister always said that the average person was stupid and I always thought that was much to cynical. Looks like I was wrong.

I thought of JP this morning when I was shopping in specialty shops for food for our luncheon guests. I couldn’t understand anything the service people were saying because 1) I’m old and hard of hearing and 2) they were wearing masks.

But I wear my mask when I was in these shops!

Yppej
    On June 18th Governor Newsom mandated masks in California but corona cases continue to spike. It is 9 days now. Let's see if in 5 more days things reverse course there, since that will be 2 weeks that masks have had the chance to work their supposed magic.

IL, I am having the same problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    On June 18th Governor Newsom mandated masks in California but corona cases continue to spike. It is 9 days now. Let's see if in 5 more days things reverse course there, since that will be 2 weeks that masks have had the chance to work their supposed magic.
    Cases here are skyrocketing in southern California. We should have done like NY NJ and CT and forced people from AZ to stay home. And the southern counties should not have opened bars and restaurants. But... Freedumb!!! But by all means continue you’re stupid eff concept that masks don’t work. Thank goodness you live on the other side of the country.

Cases here are skyrocketing in southern California. We should have done like NY NJ and CT and forced people from AZ to stay home. And the southern counties should not have opened bars and restaurants. But... Freedumb!!! But by all means continue you’re stupid eff concept that masks don’t work. Thank goodness you live on the other side of the country.
    As for cases spiking in SoCal
    - in store non-essential retail shopping open June 1st
    - restaurants open for dine in since June 6th as were hair salons. From a sample visited by the authorities 50% of restaurants that reopened were found not in compliance with new reopening guidelines.
    - gyms reopened on June 12th
    - bars opened on June 20th - and 500k people in L.A. went to bars then, 5% of the ENTIRE population. If anyone believes everyone in bars is following masks and social distancing protocols I have a bridge to sell them. Nail salons, tattoo parlors, and gambling opened then.

Cases are almost certainly understated since there was close down in testing even this week. I don't think this is a deliberate cover-up.

Masks reduce transmission. I don't know that there are many countries where mask were the ONLY policy, nor do we have all the best masks in the world. Our government does seem to want to place all the responsibility on individuals now, saying it's entirely our responsibility to prevent it, but many countries may have masks yes and it helps but also have policy. They shut down SEVERELY for AS LONG AS IT TAKES to get cases under real control. OR if they don't shut down they started early on with aggressive contract tracing (which would probably violate the FreeDUMBERS freedumb as well) and quarantine and isolating etc.. I mention this because it's the line the government is feeding us now, that coronavirus spread is all our fault, and government policies are the best they can be in the best of all possible worlds. They didn't screw up, not even in opening bars (!), rather the people have forfeited the confidence of government and they need to elect a new people.

So yea, I don't know if there are many countries where entirely leaving it up to individuals no matter how compliant (and in the U.S. there is going to be a lot of people out of compliance since it's politicized, so even if you get the big blue cities in CA, rural red areas aren't going to be even in CA). Maybe Japan is an example of masks alone being enough, I don't know. I am aware some argue masks alone could be enough, but it seems largely theoretical rather than proven in actual experience. But they usually say it only takes 70% compliance, so if you can get that and just a few dead-enders are arguing against masks (that's why yeppej alone is irrelevant and happily doesn't live here but continues to troll the forum just because) then maybe that's good enough ...

If not well, it's not going to be Sweden btw, even though that is also a failure. But much more unhealthy population in the U.S. almost certainly, less access to healthcare, paid time off etc. etc. It could get quite a bit worse.
    Trees don't grow on money

ANM,

there is a bar for you near me. They have a big sign out front announcing that masks and pants are not required.

(unfortunately the health department rules still require shirts and shoes)

Had a really weird run in about masks today. I’m out at the quarry diving. Saw a friend and went over to say hello. I was about 10 ft away. A woman he was with started screaming at me to put a mask on. She’s never met me before. Neither she nor the friend were wearing masks. I just gave her my Death Stare with one raised eyebrow and walked away. There is no reasoning with some people.

Yppej
    Some people are math challenged and do not know what 6 feet is.

Our national response to this is cringeworthy. Do we never look at what successful countries do and follow suit? (Comprehensive contact tracing, for example.)

I lay most of the blame for this at Trump's feet, but I wonder--with so many ready to jump on far-out Russian spread conspiracy theories and anti-science bias, if we might have done nearly as badly under a competent leader.

Thread Information