Page 247 of 303 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 3028

Thread: Conavirus......

  1. #2461
    Senior Member Yppej's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    5,002
    Watching the news today I saw I will be in the last group of people eligible for the vaccine. I am a frontline worker but not frontline enough (medicine, food and education are the favored sectors), not old enough, not young enough, and not sick enough to be prioritized.

    I am okay with this.

  2. #2462
    Senior Member iris lilies's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    17,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Watching the news today I saw I will be in the last group of people eligible for the vaccine. I am a frontline worker but not frontline enough (medicine, food and education are the favored sectors), not old enough, not young enough, and not sick enough to be prioritized.

    I am okay with this.
    ugh, be well jep!

    I think I would prefer to be away from humankind until everyone else is vaccinated. I don’t mind going to the end of the line.

  3. #2463
    Senior Member bae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Offshore
    Posts
    9,131
    I think I will hold off on vaccinations until I've received satisfactory evidence of the safety and effectiveness from organizations other than the CDC/FDA at this point.

  4. #2464
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    4,862
    Bae, do you think as a first responder, you might be required to get a vaccine? How will you know when you feel it is safe to do so?

  5. #2465
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I think I will hold off on vaccinations until I've received satisfactory evidence of the safety and effectiveness from organizations other than the CDC/FDA at this point.
    I agree.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  6. #2466
    Senior Member Teacher Terry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    10,471
    Bae, which organizations would carry weight with you?

  7. #2467
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    8,312
    Some hypothesize the flu mist (flu vaccine) *might* provide some covid protection. I'm considering it. Problem is it won't help many of the more vulnerable as it's not recommended over 50 and the flu shot doesn't (it just protects against flu).
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

  8. #2468
    Senior Member Rogar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    3,555
    I've been sorting through what to do over the Holidays. I have been working through options that would be safe for meeting with relatives and friends that would be mostly outdoor dining and limited indoor contact with mask and no more than four people. I'm still working on how that would work, considering it's winter. I ran across an interesting proposal. A friend has a large lot with a fire pit and has offered an all outdoor celebration with bring your own food and beverage and social distancing and maybe mask. Four people and one of the group is immune compromised.

    The rub is that the hosts recently acquired a rescue dog which they love dearly and they've mentioned it would be nice if friends could meet Fido. I am starting to picture dog going around to the group for petting and hand licking, like dogs tend to do. The issue is whether this defeats the intentions of it all as the dog goes from one person to the next. The thought is that I may go only if they leash dog or keep it separate. Too cautious?

  9. #2469
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,782
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    I've been sorting through what to do over the Holidays. I have been working through options that would be safe for meeting with relatives and friends that would be mostly outdoor dining and limited indoor contact with mask and no more than four people. I'm still working on how that would work, considering it's winter. I ran across an interesting proposal. A friend has a large lot with a fire pit and has offered an all outdoor celebration with bring your own food and beverage and social distancing and maybe mask. Four people and one of the group is immune compromised.

    The rub is that the hosts recently acquired a rescue dog which they love dearly and they've mentioned it would be nice if friends could meet Fido. I am starting to picture dog going around to the group for petting and hand licking, like dogs tend to do. The issue is whether this defeats the intentions of it all as the dog goes from one person to the next. The thought is that I may go only if they leash dog or keep it separate. Too cautious?
    While it sounds really wonderful, if there are a lot of people showing up and it is cold, I envision everyone standing around the fire pit - no social distancing. I would also worry about those you mentioned as immune compromised. And, yes, I agree with your assessment about the dog.

    This is a tough one. Only you can decide how comfortable you will be with the risks as you know them for this situation. Good luck deciding!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

  10. #2470
    Senior Member Tradd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Suburban Midwest
    Posts
    4,677
    IL gov got really pissy at a press conference when he was asked if HIS T’giving plans were going to change to be in line with the new restrictions for the state (don’t travel, stay home). Dude is a billionaire and has taken his private plan off to his family’s home in FL. He’s also gone off to his home in WI. Expects the rest of us to stay home when he won’t? Typical elite mindset.

    He’s actually said he will be in Chicago for the holiday. Wife and kids in FL.

    This is the same guy who had toilets ripped out of a mansion in Chicago so his property taxes would be reduced. He paid what he should have when it made the news. Typical Chicago politician.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •