Page 142 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144152192242 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It was announced today MLB players will not be wearing masks during games, even though they can be in close contact - for example, when tagging someone at a base or the plate.
    I hope that works out better for them than the pro tennis players that all recently got it from each other...

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Jane, a coworker told me today his neighbor works in a covid unit and at least half the covid deaths are bogus. He specifically mentioned someone who died of a heart attack whose death was listed as covid. He said the reason is the unit receives money from the government for each covid death, so they have a strong incentive to code everything they can get away with as covid.
    Every time I think you've reached the outer limits, you outdo yourself. I call bullshit on your neighbor. You should spend some time learning about what these patients go through. Get some meaningful education. Then apply it to life!

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It sounds like there's a window for the presence of antibodies, so I wonder how useful such testing is.
    There are people testing positive just 14 days after being declared recovered. I wouldn't waste money on antibody testing. It's reliability is poor at present time.

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Nevada just made masks mandatory even outside. Our cases are rapidly increasing and I applaud our governor’s decision.
    YEA! I wish your neighbor to the North would do that!

Quote Originally Posted by Gardnr View Post
    YEA! I wish your neighbor to the North would do that!
    Oregon or Idaho? Who really needs to do is that neighbor to the Southeast.

The neighbor of a coworker etc.., yea 3rd hand gossip and the poster here is suspect as they so often get basic things wrong.

I'd trust it more if it didn't seem to align so perfectly with right-wing propaganda. And if there was more actual proof of actual systematic (not one off) fraud. I mean if it's someone with diagnosed covid with a heart attack there is no way of knowing whether they would have had that heart attack without covid.

As for the WHO and the CDC and etc. - trust but with a grain of salt. I mean this is for our reputable sources: The Lancet publishes an invalid study they have to retract, the WHO slow on declaring a pandemic, wrong on masks, let's speculation about the lack of asymptomatic transmission blow up and misinform. The CDC invalid tests, lying about masks, wrong on human transmission, etc.. - and ultimately accountable to Trump which has to shade everything they do to some degree. There is an actual reason for there to be a crisis of trust in authorities, they have failed us in many ways, it just doesn't mean alex jones are dr mercola and Fox commentators are right instead - no they are a great deal worse than the authorities in misinformation.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Oregon or Idaho? Who really needs to do is that neighbor to the Southeast.

I'd trust it more if it didn't seem to align so perfectly with right-wing propaganda. And if there was more actual proof of actual systematic (not one off) fraud. I mean if it's someone with diagnosed covid with a heart attack there is no way of knowing whether they would have had that heart attack without covid.
    Idaho! And yes, Oregon should as well.

Regarding COVID coding: There is absolute validity in billing more for a COVID patient. This patient becomes a 1:1 Nurse ratio. This patient consumes massive volumes of costly PPE for those who need to come in/out of their room. Negative Pressure environment requires attention by both clinical staff and engineering staff. This patient is consuming a great deal of laboratory resources.

ARDS carries a CPT code modifier.....an infected patient carries a CPT code modifier. COVID should absolutely have a code modifier. Just because a patient had a heart attack doesn't mean that COVID didn't have a massive effect on their cost of care.

Like you, I'm sick and tired of the Trumper lies.

Traveling through Tx right now. Only masks are on travelers. No locals wearing them; not even hotel desk clerk.

G, thanks for explaining how it really works.

The most populous counties in Oregon have mandatory masking now, but the onus is on county governments to decide how to implement that. Reports from the Portland area are that most people are wearing masks. We have statewide masking as of today in Washington. "The rule, which will go into place Friday, will require masks in any indoor public space, as well as outdoors if social distancing can't be maintained. Any facial covering that fits over the nose and mouth will be permitted."

And in response, we have a booming business in fake medical exemption cards, and a sheriff in the SW part of the state is railing against "being a sheep"--believing health care authorities--because "...he’s not convinced masks help prevent the spread of the virus." Really? Because almost all the doctors and scientists studying this are convinced. I'd love to see his credentials and/or data.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkytoe View Post
    Traveling through Tx right now. Only masks are on travelers. No locals wearing them; not even hotel desk clerk.
    Part of me is thinking that anyone who refuses to wear a mask, then catches COVID-19, should also refuse medical treatment for the virus. But then that isn't a very kind, caring or compassionate thing to say, so I guess I'll just continue to wear a mask to protect not only myself but to also protect those who refuse to wear one.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information