Page 234 of 601 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Is it only women he is dismissive of?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Is it only women he is dismissive of?
    Nope. I understand he’s gone toe to toe with a couple of the guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    The US is a huge economic engine for the global economy. Restrictions here impact people around the world, especially the poorest of the poor. Famine is mushrooming since covid lockdowns went into place EVEN IN COUNTRIES WITH NO LOCKDOWNS because of the impact of reduced global trade.

If older and other vulnerable Americans guarded their well being voluntarily through social isolation and government restrictions were not put in place there would not be these deadly unintended consequences around the globe.

Do you think a failed state like Somalia can impose covid restrictions effectively? Do you think poor people in a country like Somalia largely survive on remittances from Somalis working in countries with restrictions that led to them losing their jobs?

This is just one example.
    So we should sacrifice our old people to save people from becoming child brides in India? Fascinating idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    So we should sacrifice our old people to save people from becoming child brides in India? Fascinating idea.
    In fact, those of us following "Your Money Or Your Life"-style living-below-our-means lifestyles are killing millions of people in 3rd-world countries with every cool must-have widget we don't buy.

Monsters!

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    In fact, those of us following "Your Money Or Your Life"-style living-below-our-means lifestyles are killing millions of people in 3rd-world countries with every cool must-have widget we don't buy.

Monsters!
    Wait. I thought that the evil Foxconn iPhone factory had dozens of workers committing suicide because of our insatiable appetite for them. So was my iPhone 11 purchase a year ago killing people or saving them from death? I’m so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I am absolutely not happy with my priest right now. Due to the increasing positivity rate in IL, he’s banned anyone who has traveled elsewhere in the Midwest from services for 14 days after their return. I travel to WI and OH for diving. It’s no secret. He reached out to me directly and told me I’m banned.

There was no mention of people who are holding gatherings and visiting others homes. Other folks in the parish do this. I’ve seen the photos on FB. And some of these have been gatherings of more than 20 people. When I asked my priest what about those folks, I was told it was none of my business. 2/3 of the recent cases in the Chicago area have been from private gatherings. A number of people in the parish have contracted it from private gatherings with family members.

I’m peeved. I don’t eat in restaurants. I get fast food/carryout. I see my diving friends outdoors and socially distanced. No indoor private gatherings. I always wear a mask. I’ve cancelled my usual Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. I work at home. I’ve quit going to the gym for the past two weeks.
    The priest needs to stop having in person meetings and services of all types. We are setting new death and illness records each day.

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Denmark has decided to cull their entire population of mink (15 to 17 million animals). I understand that COVID-19 spread from humans to the mink, then mutated and spread from mink to about 12 humans.
    I’ve read that this is a new threat within the various coronavirus related threats, possibly able to affect the whole world.

It would be wrong to want to run our own society/country in a way that respects human life and human needs because global economic trade demands human sacrifice and a butterfly flapping it's wings somewhere might generate a hurricane half the world away.

And when people wonder why grandpa or their parents had to die (and an occasional younger person, and well a disproportionate amount of poors and minorities), we can tell them: it was in the best interest of child brides in India.

Can anyone really imagine a decent society coming out of that? Where the actual LIVED experience, not the abstraction, is: human life is cheap, people are to be utterly devalued as they get older (and everyone of every age is perfectly aware they aren't getting any younger).
    Trees don't grow on money

That’s scary about it spreading to mink and back to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
    The priest needs to stop having in person meetings and services of all types. We are setting new death and illness records each day.
    What do you propose to do with the people who won’t stop privately gathering?

The services are max 40 people in a big space meant to hold more than 200. Spread out. People have a less chance of catching it at church than in the private gatherings people keep having.

I find it strange that people keep hammering on public type stuff when the majority of cases are clearly coming from private gatherings, at least in my area. 2/3 of the recent cases are from private gatherings.

Thread Information