Page 479 of 517 FirstFirst ... 379429469477478479480481489 ... LastLast
Results 4,781 to 4,790 of 5163

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    You got the drift so why knitpick? Redundant..
    Because people who think "this only affects me" often overlook the large impact their actions have on others who they clearly aren't considering. Looking through the woods for missing body parts after a crash sorta makes me sensitive about seatbelts. And don't get me started on suicides...

Enjoy.

What is it called when someone says they were only kidding but actually not?
    I don't know, what would you call it if, despite contrary evidence, you suspected someone of doing that?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    Maybe humor and not truth is the first casualty of culture war.
    I would think a bunch of comedians would agree. (discussions about playing at colleges, political correctness, cancel culture, etc).

As for seat belts, well they are not 100% effective. When I was a kid, I could have got anything I wanted, alcohol or drug related. (older friends) A couple who found that out, wanted me to get them some, but didn't want to agree to our terms (you had to do them around us, so people made sure you sobered up, before driving, etc). They found their supplies elsewhere, and when driving impaired, wrecked. Her seatbelt broke and she went through the windshield and died. He was stopped by the steering wheel and charged with his girlfriends death. That was the start of what would eventually make me a non drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Because people who think "this only affects me" often overlook the large impact their actions have on others who they clearly aren't considering. Looking through the woods for missing body parts after a crash sorta makes me sensitive about seatbelts. And don't get me started on suicides...

Enjoy.
    And on a positive note, you can't tell how that will have an affect on others lives (their families, those left behind, etc).
    My earliest memory, was my happy place for years. I was two and it was a historic event, but I was in my 20's, when it was told to me about two of the three people that died, for it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

Enjoy.
    Enjoy what?

Obviously you agree with my sentiments so why continue?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I don't know, what would you call it if, despite contrary evidence, you suspected someone of doing that?
    What contrary evidence?

What contrary evidence?
    I'm neither lonely nor lack self esteem, and on a personal note I find the verbal flow of 'cheap cigars, Mountain Dew and Chili Cheese Fritos' amusing, despite being accurate. YMMV
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm neither lonely nor lack self esteem, and on a personal note I find the verbal flow of 'cheap cigars, Mountain Dew and Chili Cheese Fritos' amusing, despite being accurate. YMMV
    Well, I found the humor and took it as nothing else, and appreciated it. Hopefully my response was not taken otherwise.

Saw in the news today that covid-19 is stored in fat cells and affects surrounding tissues. So I was right that there are risk factors for the disease, such as age and obesity, and the paranoia about everyone potentially getting severely afflicted by it is misplaced.

saw in the obits today that two acquaintances, younger than me and both on the side of thin, died of covid 19. They were never known to wear masks....

Thread Information