Page 507 of 601 FirstFirst ... 7407457497505506507508509517557 ... LastLast
Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    https://www.chicagobusiness.com/heal...ing-conditions

nurses on strike.

here in the COVID spreading capitol supposedly cases aren’t too bad. In the meantime our small hospital there were six ambulances in the ER bay, two medivac helicopters landed and one took off all within 4 hours according to my friend who was working in the ER, counting down the days until she works out her two week notice. She fears a total mental breakdown if she stays. How can proper medical care possibly be taking place.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Best wishes for a speedy recovery,, IL. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    https://www.chicagobusiness.com/heal...ing-conditions

nurses on strike.

here in the COVID spreading capitol supposedly cases aren’t too bad. In the meantime our small hospital there were six ambulances in the ER bay, two medivac helicopters landed and one took off all within 4 hours according to my friend who was working in the ER, counting down the days until she works out her two week notice. She fears a total mental breakdown if she stays. How can proper medical care possibly be taking place.
    Definitely not my idea of things not being too bad!

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna12140

yet another. Nurses being told to use vacation if they get COVID or can come to work anyway. Who do they think is going to take care of sick people if people who are most exposed to COVID are treated like this?

IL, hoping you both recover quickly.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I'm in Nogales, AZ at the moment. Was able to switch shifts around for a three day weekend. I'm really depressed about my tenant passing. Glad to get away.

My point? Here at the border many have not been wearing masks. Until this trip. Almost everyone I have seen wears masks in public. I don't know what the change agent was but people on the US side of the border - I didn't cross into Mexico this time - seem to be taking covid more seriously. Rob

Quote Originally Posted by flowerseverywhere View Post
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna12140

yet another. Nurses being told to use vacation if they get COVID or can come to work anyway. Who do they think is going to take care of sick people if people who are most exposed to COVID are treated like this?
    My department has had a serious reduction in our staffing levels: Structural and wildland firefighters, EMTs, Paramedics. Effectively down 30-50%, it's hard to say, and management isn't responding promptly to Public Records requests on the matter. This has a snowballing effect on those who remain. At this rate, we'll be gone by the end of the year.

Stay safe.

I was asking someone recently: "are most healthcare workers (not MDs they don't need it, but everyone else) unionized?". No. Then it seems they should be, healthcare workers going to work with covid (as California is now doing), I mean come on they need someone to represent them. Don't ask for sympathy (although fine we are sympathetic, but what good does that do?), organize.

Of course we import healthcare workers from other countries, I have no opinion on that, but I wonder, do they have citizenship, how able are they to unionize if they wanted to? See importing non-citizen labor is often used to pay people less and make sure they can't organize. And we don't have the ability it seems to train enough healthcare workers in this country. Not because noone wants to go into healthcare (or at least not before the pandemic, that might have changed things), but there simply aren't enough nursing training etc.. I wonder if the plan is to have to import healthcare workers.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Nurses are unionized where I am. I don't know about other healthcare workers. My guess is yes.

Politicians strongly support the medical unions and have weighed in our their side in a long nurses' strike in my state that was just settled. The politicians would go out to the picket lines with them etc.

IL, hope you and your husband are okay tonight.

Thread Information