Page 86 of 157 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

I keep thinking of those poor, poor meat packing plant workers, who Trump and his cronies are forcing to go back into an environment certain to be fatal to a percentage of them, with few "suggested" safeguards. If they refuse to go back, or quit, they won't get unemployment.
    it's horrible
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Speaking of haircuts...I bought a cheap pair of electric clippers off Amazon and have be self trimming. Yesterday my barber called to say she is back in business and taking appointments. Masks are required and no more than 4 people in a rather largish salon type place. I made an appointment in mid-June, which can be changed or cancelled between now and then.

There are things that can be postponed, maybe for long periods of time. Dental cleanings and exams, routine physicals, eye exams, and getting into some grayer areas, things like haircuts, yoga classes with good distancing, or pleasure travel by plane. At what point or decision markers will you guys or gals feel comfortable resuming some of these things? It seems given from many of the medical experts that the CV-19 isn't going away any time soon and could return with vengeance in the fall.

The day the gym opens, I'm back there! I only use the recumbent bike. That's easy enough to wipe down. Easy enough for only every other bike to be used.

I gave in and cut my bangs last week. They're somewhat curly so it didn't matter so much if things are a bit uneven - hard to tell with the curls.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    At what point or decision markers will you guys or gals feel comfortable resuming some of these things? It seems given from many of the medical experts that the CV-19 isn't going away any time soon and could return with vengeance in the fall.
    My first decision-marker will be with my son and DIL as to when we can finally see the kids in person!! Today is my New Jersey GS's 3rd birthday and I'm pining for time with all four of them. I will also try to get an appointment for a real physical. I haven't been to the doctor in 5 years and I think it's about time.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

The minute the pool and the library reopen, I will be there!

I have always been averse to crowds so will continue in that mode. I will go to the library as soon as it opens. We are thinking about a road trip to see the grand-twins for their 2nd birthday in early June. Will see how things are playing out in a couple of weeks and then decide. Not sure if hotels/restaurants on the way are open or even will be since it's a day and a half trip. I should see a doc about an issue but am putting that off too as I know it will just involve more invasive tests. Luckily, had a haircut and dental cleaning in early March so good for a while.

I am going to hang back and see if there is a 2nd or 3rd wave....

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Well, thanks to Dado's excellent suggestion, I have ordered three new masks, using the hair bandeau and gaiter designs. I wasn't going to spend the money but as my husband reminded me, we're going to have to wear these all summer, so why not see if I can't find something that doesn't mess up my breathing. They're even pretty. Will report back on how they function, once they arrive. I have high hopes for the gaiter style because it is for motorcyclist use in the summer, to repel dust.
    Ordered these... in bamboo. Sounds like they will be comfortable in summer also???? .... adjustable around ears and nose.....
    https://thenxtstop.com/products/trav...able-face-mask

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    The minute the pool and the library reopen, I will be there!
    Our city announced yesterday, that no pools will open this year. The water park, OTOH, states it will but no open date announced at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    I am going to hang back and see if there is a 2nd or 3rd wave....
    +1.

Thread Information