Page 102 of 601 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Our restaurants are in phase one but at 50% capacity.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've been thinking lately that if I owned a small business such as a restaurant or hair or nail salon I'd rent space in a hardware store parking lot and place tables to serve food, or put a workstation in a liquor store for grooming purposes. Or maybe if I could swing a liquor license for my barber shop I could give a haircut with every inflated liquor purchase.
    I don't think you could get away with it. Nail and hair salons inside Walmart are closed, as are bank branches.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Yes, you have linked to the article I quoted. He also wrote, "Of course we want it [the virus] to die. We want to kill it. Render it lifeless. But that is impossible."

If you cannot kill it you have to learn to live with it.

As I mentioned previously a WHO official said covid could be like HIV, a virus that does not go away, albeit corona does not have the fatality rate of HIV, but of the flu. HIV has been around 40 years and I can't imagine too many people want to go 40 years without a haircut. We have to learn to live with covid.
    I understand now why I didn't recognize it as the same article you read. Apparently you didn't read the rest of it.

That is why I'm worried about my patient right now. In this case, the United States of America. We have been infected, and we are only part way through the miserable therapy. If we stop now, however, it may not just be back to square 1. We may be worse off than we started. The metaphorical resistant bacteria may be unleashed.

Getting through this together means listening to the recommendations from health experts, understanding the rationale, being thorough about the treatment, and not giving up part way through.

No country on earth is even close to herd immunity or even infecting more than a tiny portion of the population, even those with massive deaths per capita, nor NYC for that matter, even if that was possible (and it could easily overwhelm the hospital system before then, certainly would it cases peaked that high before 2021). So yea ...

If we stop now, however, it may not just be back to square 1. We may be worse off than we started
    obviously we might be worse off than we started since there is more coronavirus out there than say mid-March when lockdowns started, so cases start from a higher point and grow from there seems to me.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    I understand now why I didn't recognize it as the same article you read. Apparently you didn't read the rest of it.

That is why I'm worried about my patient right now. In this case, the United States of America. We have been infected, and we are only part way through the miserable therapy. If we stop now, however, it may not just be back to square 1. We may be worse off than we started. The metaphorical resistant bacteria may be unleashed.

Getting through this together means listening to the recommendations from health experts, understanding the rationale, being thorough about the treatment, and not giving up part way through.
    Same data, different conclusions.

Even if everything opened tomorrow it doesn’t mean the economy will go back to normal. Many people won’t go out regardless and spend money. I know you are scared to lose your job but opening up isn’t going to guarantee your business will be immune from layoffs. Things have changed for quite awhile. No easy or quick answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I've been thinking lately that if I owned a small business such as a restaurant or hair or nail salon I'd rent space in a hardware store parking lot and place tables to serve food, or put a workstation in a liquor store for grooming purposes. Or maybe if I could swing a liquor license for my barber shop I could give a haircut with every inflated liquor purchase.
    I'd think an open air barber shop would be a good venture in good weather. I'd go for it over some of the cramped incubators some of the barber shops have. Maybe car hops and in-car dining could be popular.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
    Interesting Bae that’s it basically just a few groups driving a irresponsible plan which would kill many.
    I'm curious TT, if you think it is irresponsible to reopen the economy why are you going out to eat and to get your hair done?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Same data, different conclusions.
    I’ll stick to listening to the experts.

How trustworthy is the data? I’ve seen some claims that deaths are being underreported due to insufficient testing. I’ve read that Dr Deborah Birx has said the CDC is over reposting deaths by about a quarter due to including people who die with the disease along with people who die of the disease. Cases have been reported of people dying of drug overdoses or slip and fall injuries being reported as Covid 19 deaths because they tested positive for the virus at the time of death.

Thread Information