Page 115 of 601 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125165215 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think everyone here wants everyone to survive. Everyone here cares or they would not be trying to figure out how to best manage the situation, protect each other, and not endanger our own health. I liked what Tammy said somewhere, that two things can be true at the same time. I am attributing good motives to everyone here and hope that we can speak peaceably and respectfully to each other. This board has been a font of wisdom and support over the years; I hope we can keep it that way. Wishing you all good health and peace.
    Amen, Tybee
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Went for a hike today and people would not move over on the trail. Mentioned social distancing and they laughed. It is getting discerning.
    yes I don't hike trails, I don't think full social distancing can be maintained on trails here, judging by the parking situation, they are super crowded (because there is nothing else to do - it's ok as many of those other things to do, such as things indoors, would likely be more risky than hiking which is maybe one reason hiking is open and those aren't).
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    I saw Dr. Birx on TV today saying although houses of worship are now open if you are in a high risk group you should not attend services. I think this is a good approach. Let people keep their constitutional rights, but urge them to use common sense. You could even post signs by the door for congregants "Enter at your own risk".

Walk on a trail at your own risk, get a haircut at your own risk, etc. No one is forcing you to do these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I feel like the nerdy teacher's pet, the goody goody.
    Jep, you may feel like that in you real life sitch, but here on this forum you are kind of a brat. I guess your school psychologist might say your “ goody two shoes” persona is uncomfortable for you so you act out during recess ( forum time.)

How’dya like THAT analysis?

Yppej
    Pretty good IL. I also periodically run for the (state) border for brief excursions so I can live free or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here and say I think everyone here wants everyone to survive. Everyone here cares or they would not be trying to figure out how to best manage the situation, protect each other, and not endanger our own health. I liked what Tammy said somewhere, that two things can be true at the same time. I am attributing good motives to everyone here and hope that we can speak peaceably and respectfully to each other. This board has been a font of wisdom and support over the years; I hope we can keep it that way. Wishing you all good health and peace.
    +1
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

[QUOTE=Yppej;353602]I saw Dr. Birx on TV today saying although houses of worship are now open if you are in a high risk group you should not attend services. I think this is a good approach. Let people keep their constitutional rights, but urge them to use common sense. You could even post signs by the door for congregants "Enter at your own risk".

Walk on a trail at your own risk, get a haircut at your own risk, etc. No one is forcing you to do these things.[/Q

There is adequate room on the bike trails I traverse if the idiots stay in their lane.... easily an 8 foot girth.

I've been out hiking a number of times now. I pick where to go based on my pre-covid knowledge of which parks/trails are more popular, which ones are super narrow, etc.

I'm not super concerned because I understand that getting infected is very much a result of the equation: exposure level * time exposed. If I'm outside, a breeze is blowing, the other person is several feet away from me, hopefully wearing a mask, and I'm literally in their air space for one or two seconds, the risk is acceptable to me.

This is huge:

I just got off the phone with my friend, a fairly close friend. She paid $99 for an antibody test and the results came in today: yeah she tested positive for COVID-19.

She had a test because she was sick last February with an unusual dry cough chills and a fever of 2 to 3°. I remember that she came to visit us practically the day she got out of bed and she sat in our living room couch, talking about the pneumonia test she just had because she wanted to know what was going on with her lungs.

So yeah, we had a Covid19 patient sitting on our couch, in our living room, for quite a while on an afternoon in February.
    She is 65 years old, diabetic, with a severely depressed immune system due to many recent issues, and she’s obese.

I told her this was extremely cheerful news because I’ve been worried about her specifically, in fact I’d even been a little irritated with her in mid March because she was planning on a trip that I thought was unnecessary. Just goes to show what do I know.

She is sure she got this COVID-19 virus at the hairdresser. Her Hairdresser has among her clients a large number of women who travel internationally for business. The hairdresser herself was sick around that time but nothing serious, mostly a cough.

Beware the false positive rates on many of the antibody tests currently in use.

Thread Information