Page 339 of 601 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439 ... LastLast
Results 3,381 to 3,390 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Why are you assuming that only school districts will be interested in keeping people safe? Have you seen data to that effect?

Anecdotally I can think of at least one person whose employer required him to get vaccinated in order to start traveling for his sales related job again. As a manager he didn't think he could do his job effectively from home forever so he begrudgingly got vaccinated. Other than him, and I don't actually know him, he's a friend of a friend, I don't know of anyone else being "forced" to get vaccinated but that may be because most of my friends have been vaccinated without anyone requiring them to.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Why are you assuming that only school districts will be interested in keeping people safe? Have you seen data to that effect?
    No, I've seen no data to that effect, just some of the emails the American Federation of Teachers sent to the CDC in their successful efforts to influence their school opening recommendations. Powerful teachers union influenced CDC on school reopenings, emails show (nypost.com)

I don't know of anyone else being "forced" to get vaccinated but that may be because most of my friends have been vaccinated without anyone requiring them to.
    Me neither, that's why I'm leery of reports suggesting rather high percentages of specific groups refusing to be vaccinated. But even if they are true, I'm not in favor of Vaccine Passports, people who are vaccinated are relatively safe from harm and we don't need governments to protect the remainder from themselves. The usage of those passports is antithetical to a free society.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

The libertarian in me recoils at the thought of some sort of registry or travel documents, especially at the national level. I can envision them extending into all kinds of unsavory areas “for the public good”. On the other hand if some employer or other party wants to know my inoculation status, and I agree, I can simply show the card I got at the time. No need to submit to the whims of some bureaucracy.

Yppej
    A hospital in Houston is requiring all its employees get covid vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    A hospital in Houston is requiring all its employees get covid vaccines.
    My fire/rescue department requires vaccination if we are to continue to perform many of our functions.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    The libertarian in me recoils at the thought of some sort of registry or travel documents, especially at the national level. I can envision them extending into all kinds of unsavory areas “for the public good”. On the other hand if some employer or other party wants to know my inoculation status, and I agree, I can simply show the card I got at the time. No need to submit to the whims of some bureaucracy.
    So you’re against passports and the requirement of a valid drivers license to get on an airplane for non international travel?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    No, I've seen no data to that effect, just some of the emails the American Federation of Teachers sent to the CDC in their successful efforts to influence their school opening recommendations. Powerful teachers union influenced CDC on school reopenings, emails show (nypost.com)

Me neither, that's why I'm leery of reports suggesting rather high percentages of specific groups refusing to be vaccinated. But even if they are true, I'm not in favor of Vaccine Passports, people who are vaccinated are relatively safe from harm and we don't need governments to protect the remainder from themselves. The usage of those passports is antithetical to a free society.[/COLOR]
    From what I’ve read about the vaccine verification system in NY the state isn’t going to be mandating vaccination, they are simply providing a service for businesses that wish to implement vaccine requirements. Anyone who wants to be a customer or employee of those businesses will have an easy way to provide verification of vaccination.

I have no idea where things stand at this point but a month ago the ceo of my employer, in an email regarding office reopening, mentioned that it was undecided if vaccination will be required of people who wish to return to the office. If a modest sized commercial insurance company is considering this than surely many businesses are. An easy way to provided trusted proof seems like a useful function of the government. Every state already has an organization dedicated to maintaining an accurate database of info on the majority of it’s citizens.

From what I’ve read about the vaccine verification system in NY the state isn’t going to be mandating vaccination, they are simply providing a service for businesses that wish to implement vaccine requirements.
    I am aware of several local businesses that intend to only offer their services to vaccinated individuals.

So you’re against passports and the requirement of a valid drivers license to get on an airplane for non international travel?
    I don’t have a problem with providing identification establishing I am who I say I am to board a plane, vote or pick up a prescription. But I do object to making which diseases I’m vaccinated for literally a federal issue.

Quote Originally Posted by LDAHL View Post
    I don’t have a problem with providing identification establishing I am who I say I am to board a plane, vote or pick up a prescription. But I do object to making which diseases I’m vaccinated for literally a federal issue.
    How is it literally, or even figuratively, a federal issue if it's an individual business that has that requirement?

Thread Information