Page 219 of 601 FirstFirst ... 119169209217218219220221229269319 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,190 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    My opinion of America has sunk even lower. Rob
    You know if anyone had asked I'd say your opinion of American hit rock bottom before your mom stopped cutting the crust off your PB&J sandwiches. Who'd a thunk it?
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Covid positive and not wearing a mask? My opinion of America has sunk even lower. Rob
    Conflating "Kayleigh McEnany" with "America" seems a bit of a mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Conflating "Kayleigh McEnany" with "America" seems a bit of a mistake.
    How about "president not wearing a mask". Does he represent America?

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...9-ebof-vpx.cnn Despite the white house being ablaze with infections the republicans just can't ditch their pathetic attempt to pretend that this isn't a big deal.

If I were Kamala Harris I'd insist that no one other than her, pence, the moderator, and the facility staff be allowed inside for the debate tomorrow. It's quite clear from all that has happened over the past week that the trump campaign has no morals or honor and is quite comfortable risking other people's lives with a potentially fatal disease. They're almost as awful as Jimmy Carter was when he offered up his opinion on foreign policy issues a few times after he left office. At least that's what I've been told. SMDH.

My opinion of America has sunk even lower. Rob

Yppej
    I heard on NPR this morning that teachers who are doing all remote instruction have a higher rate of covid infection than those who have students in their classrooms. This supports my contention that students should be in school. Young people may get the virus but rarely get sick or infect others. Facts not paranoia should govern our public policy.

Here is an article on this. Full capacity 21 cases per 100,000 but remote 24 cases per 100,000:

https://www.npr.org/2020/09/23/91573...ross-47-states

Truly, your knowledge of epidemiology is staggering.

<sarcasm> Of course, that has nothing to do with the fact that schools that are using remote learning, are often doing it because corona cases in that area are high.

Tell that to a mom that lost her healthy football player son within 24 hours after feeling sick.

Yppej
    I saw on BBC America a European public health official expressing grave concern about the second wave there because the population is much older than in other parts of the world.

So I Googled and here are average ages by continent:

Europe 42
    North America 35
    Oceania 33
    Asia 31
    South America 31
    Africa 18

An earlier idea was that certain parts of the world didn't get many cases/deaths because warm weather kills the virus, but age may actually be the relevant factor.

Yppej, I’m curious. What, to you, is an acceptable number of deaths from this? We’ve had just over 8m infections and 218,000 deaths. Doing a bit of math, if we give up and aim towards herd immunity we will have almost 9 million deaths in the US, assuming the current death rate continues. Depending on how quickly we try to get to herd immunity that number will likely be higher because people like Chris Christie who need an ICU to survive this won’t have that option because the ICUs will all be full and lots of medical professionals will be out sick.

Personally I’m appalled at the unneededly high US death rate that has already occurred and simply can’t fathom how anyone could be willing to see almost 10 million Americans die from this disease. But apparently some people don’t value life as highly as I do.

Thread Information