Page 473 of 601 FirstFirst ... 373423463471472473474475483523573 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Glad to hear of the improvement. This virus means business. I know of a bakery clerk at the Hispanic grocery store down the street. Very much against vaccines. Turns out she passed recently from covid. This death was completely unnecessary - and to me very much proof positive that we need a mandate for all.

Also I have another reason. Given that the third world is largely unvaccinated.....it's a breeding ground for mutation(s). I get that this won't happen - but the first world (not just the US only) could get more third worlders vaccinated. I see it that in the first world, much money has been saved (and lives destroyed) via exporting prior well paying jobs. Why not mandate that life itself be honored and sacred via exporting vaccines? It's long overdue that those at the top say Thank You by exporting vaccines. Rob
    The problem with exporting vaccines is that the Pfizer and Moderna have to be kept very cold in special freezers. They can only be kept a short time (2-4 weeks?) in a standard medical refrigerator. The third world doesn’t have very many of the special freezers. The J&J shot can be kept in a regular medical fridge. Think the Astra-Zenica might be similar. Can’t remember.

I got my booster Friday and am suffering through the inevitable (I suppose) misery. It could be worse, I was able to get out of bed some of the day Saturday and do some small stuff. But I can't say it's fun, it's mostly some muscle pain all over, plus just a general strong feeling of physical malaise and unwellness. Friday night after the vaccine was tough. I do take tylenol. I hope it even matters when omicron comes.
    Trees don't grow on money

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmethesimplelife View Post
    Glad to hear of the improvement. This virus means business. I know of a bakery clerk at the Hispanic grocery store down the street. Very much against vaccines. Turns out she passed recently from covid. This death was completely unnecessary - and to me very much proof positive that we need a mandate for all.

Also I have another reason. Given that the third world is largely unvaccinated.....it's a breeding ground for mutation(s). I get that this won't happen - but the first world (not just the US only) could get more third worlders vaccinated. I see it that in the first world, much money has been saved (and lives destroyed) via exporting prior well paying jobs. Why not mandate that life itself be honored and sacred via exporting vaccines? It's long overdue that those at the top say Thank You by exporting vaccines. Rob
    I used to think this as well, but then I saw Dr. Scott Gottlieb who is on the Board of Pfizer say countries in southern Africa are telling them stop shipping us vaccines, we can't even distribute the ones we have. For all the supply chain issues we have in the US, it is worse there.

So my previous comments about Americans hogging all the doses for their boosters no longer apply.

NPR had an article and charts comparing counties that voted for Trump vs. vaccination rate, and those who voted for Trump vs death rate.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...vid-death-rate

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    I got my booster Friday and am suffering through the inevitable (I suppose) misery. It could be worse, I was able to get out of bed some of the day Saturday and do some small stuff. But I can't say it's fun, it's mostly some muscle pain all over, plus just a general strong feeling of physical malaise and unwellness. Friday night after the vaccine was tough. I do take tylenol. I hope it even matters when omicron comes.
    ANM, so sorry to hear this booster hit you like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    NPR had an article and charts comparing counties that voted for Trump vs. vaccination rate, and those who voted for Trump vs death rate.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...vid-death-rate
    My Biden/Hilary/Obama voting county has a lower vaccine rate than the Republican county up the road.

But ok. I guess we are outliers.

Coincidence may not imply causation, but it an interesting premise that I buy into.

Coincidence may not imply causation, but it an interesting premise that I buy into.
    I think it's more interesting to think that different county characteristics such as rural vs urban, median income level, median educational attainment, etc., are ignored in favor of whether or not 51% or more of any given county voted for Trump. The media continues to be fixated on that.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

I could say that Trump voters are more likely to buy into conspiracy misinformation, and they could be independent of each other or not. But demographics is probably an important element.

I could say that Trump voters are more likely to buy into conspiracy misinformation, and they could be independent of each other or not. But demographics is probably an important element.
    A venn diagram might be illuminating.

Thread Information