Page 153 of 601 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163203253 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,530 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Mask test:

https://www.boredpanda.com/no-mask-v...afVdOg6ACSfjs0

Not to mention I love the pants on the right side of the page.

Things need to open up. It's like people avoiding hospitals for strokes and heart attacks.
    They are fast approaching the point I suspect here (not necessarily all of Cali) where elective procedures are going to be shut down AGAIN because of overuse of hospital beds (due to elective procedures plus covid).

Now we'll see, but I do know this has ALREADY HAPPENED in at least one state (was it AZ or TX I don't know one of them). They again had to shut down elective procedures. Oh blah blah it's just overreaction we'll get, but these are states that didn't even want to shut much down again AT ALL and wanted to open up quickly (as do most really). But .... they are being driven by the virus, by necessity, reality has that little way of interfering. Then you'll see people not treated for strokes and heart attacks when the hospitals get overwhelmed.

But keep twisting that only closing things leads to unnecessarily death not overwhelming the hospital system. Just keep saying that.

As for beaches, they were opened but closed again entirely (not just the bathrooms) for the holidays. Why? Steeply rising covid cases.

I talked to my bf about just taking a long drive somewhere at one point in covid, and we determined that few places might let us use their bathrooms, nor would we feel safe using them! Short drives we take, may not be helping the planet any frankly, but covid safe.
    Trees don't grow on money

You can get devices that allow women to pee standing up, if you're OK with finding a bush to relieve yourself behind.

Tybee,

I’m pretty sure it has been illegal to use soneone else’s yard as a toilet for a long time. The closed bathrooms are not new laws. They are just closed bathrooms.

so no, my comments weren’t equivalent. But I think equally ridiculous. The problem of people breaking the law being solved not by enforcing the law, but by creating a public health risk as incentive for the lawbreakers to stop.

perhaps a better equivalency would be that we should provide free public accommodations in resort towns to anybody who wants them to keep people from sleeping on the beach. Or free community sex workers - no prophylaxis required, to avoid illegal prostitution.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Those darn scientists. Getting all sciency and changing their theories as more information becomes available. How dare they! Next thing you know some damn scientist will have the nerve to proclaim that he suspects cholera is spread by contaminated drinking water...
    ...Or do you just want to bitch about the scientists because "yeah! Scientists suck!"

Sadly, I’m related to a pretty famous scientist so am unable to discount science completely because they will disown me. This video and article about my uncle are going around again on Facebook in my family. I don’t know what prompted it.

But the tl;dr is my brain is probably diminished because I have lead in my system. Where as you, JP, being a good 10 years younger have the advantage of higher IQ because my uncle removed the lead from our environment.

https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-then-saved-it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QvHQnWFWnIg

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    Tybee,

I’m pretty sure it has been illegal to use soneone else’s yard as a toilet for a long time. The closed bathrooms are not new laws. They are just closed bathrooms.

so no, my comments weren’t equivalent. But I think equally ridiculous. The problem of people breaking the law being solved not by enforcing the law, but by creating a public health risk as incentive for the lawbreakers to stop.

perhaps a better equivalency would be that we should provide free public accommodations in resort towns to anybody who wants them to keep people from sleeping on the beach. Or free community sex workers - no prophylaxis required, to avoid illegal prostitution.
    I really don't follow what you are saying; although I get you are exaggerating for effect. I think that is a problem, that people are not listening to others but instead going for clever put downs when they express a contradictory opinion. A few unpopular posters express what seem to be way out opinions to the majority, so the majority resorts to name calling, ridicule, and hyperbole. So be it. Even though the unpopular posters are not doing that, just expressing an unpopular opinion. So I hear your put down, and I get it. I expressed my opinion that behavioral laws are always going to be met with resistance, and it is up to those making the laws to figure out how best to get compliance, and that people don't buy in to new behaviors be being shamed and called names. That was my point, and sure, it's an easy one to ridicule.

Senior Member flowerseverywhere's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    If that's the way the store sees it, that should be their prerogative but I don't think it should be a government mandate. Of course it's age stereotyping if not age discrimination, but people don't have to shop there.

I also think stores can say no mask no service just like they say no shirt or no shoes no service, but again I dislike an unfunded government mandate. Paying someone to stand at the front door policing this is one reason food prices are rising.

Some high end stores already had service by appointment also and that should also be their prerogative. Cue Bobby Brown!
    paying one person to stand at the front of the store is a reason food prices are rising? Any proof?

if you multiply the wage plus benefits by the twelve or so hours someone is by the front door, then add up every item that was purchased during those hours I can’t imagine it would be much per item, if even a Penny. When I do my grocery pickup I see streams of people coming out with full carts non stop.

https://www.today.com/food/why-are-g...rising-t181700

like all things in our society, prices of food are dependent on our ever complicated supply chain. Not crediting
    one minuscule piece of a multi faceted problem to fit your narrative.

If we cannot make accommodations to the elderly or disabled who might take advantage of these hours we have no value as a civil society. At our stores senior hours were not every day, but certain days per week and not the same days at every store. Maybe we will be lucky and Covid-19, the great boomer remover, will cull the herd and those pesky old and disabled people will die. Maybe we can just put old and disabled people to sleep. Way less messy and expensive.

It seems grocery prices have ticked up some, probably partly to cover extra sanitizing and personnel. Seems fair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    It seems grocery prices have ticked up some, probably partly to cover extra sanitizing and personnel. Seems fair to me.
    I just went to the store today and I am starting to see empty shelves again. Was surprised that a lot of the canned goods shelves were empty. I'm starting to think the price increases are due to supply-and-demand, production costs down the line, etc. I don't think we've seen the end of actual food shortages and rising prices yet.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    I just went to the store today and I am starting to see empty shelves again. Was surprised that a lot of the canned goods shelves were empty. I'm starting to think the price increases are due to supply-and-demand, production costs down the line, etc. I don't think we've seen the end of actual food shortages and rising prices yet.
    I agree! I noticed the same thing.

Thread Information