Page 291 of 601 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301341391 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Today I was remembering how when I complained about masks (which I wear as required by law) some here said if I got sick with covid I should be left to die. I wonder if they are advocating that now for all the people who travelled over the holidays or went to multi household gatherings. It would free up some hospital beds.
    To be fair, I believe any such comments were prompted by your statements that you were going to poke holes in your mask, and another time that you were going to wear a sneezed-in mask inside out so as to share your germs. I don't think anyone here genuinely wishes you ill or dead.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by rosarugosa View Post
    To be fair, I believe any such comments were prompted by your statements that you were going to poke holes in your mask, and another time that you were going to wear a sneezed-in mask inside out so as to share your germs. I don't think anyone here genuinely wishes you ill or dead.
    Actually the nasty comments predated either of the posts you mentioned. It was part of a cultlike groupthink that anyone who questions masks is evil. Well now we have people wearing masks on airplanes spreading highly virulent strains of covid from South Africa to the UK to Canada to the US to the rest of the world. Turns out those masks aren't that efficacious.

Apparently, that South African mutation is troubling--its virus spikes have changed, leading to questions about whether current vaccines will be effective against it.

Actually the nasty comments predated either of the posts you mentioned. It was part of a cultlike groupthink that anyone who questions masks is evil. Well now we have people wearing masks on airplanes spreading highly virulent strains of covid from South Africa to the UK to Canada to the US to the rest of the world. Turns out those masks aren't that efficacious.
    Do you believe us mask wearing sheep think masks are 100% effective? I can’t speak for other sheep, but I know masks are not 100% effective, they are one tool in the arsenal of limiting Covid virus.

as for airplanes – I haven’t figured out if they are fairly safe or not. I keep reading about people who think the increased air circulation on airplanes plus masking and face shielding it’s pretty effective. I can’t see how gathering together in airports with hundreds of people is that all safe, to me that seems like a super spreader event.

Personally, I think you have reached the point of "trolling" for an argument. However, I continue to wish you health and happiness, regardless of your own cult-like group think against mask wearing.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Yppej, for what it is worth, I too believe you were bullied here and were the target of the kind of remarks that you stated, quite early on.

I know that is an unpopular opinion, but it really saddened me what was said to you here and how you were treated. I also think that there will be no change in how you are treated, so if you do not like it, I would suggest not posting about masks, because it seems to enrage people, who then wish you ill health.

I would pick a different forum if you do not wish to receive abuse in response.

Again, the remarks to you here had a lot with why I don't want to participate on this thread, and that's all I am going to say. I will probably receive my own abuse for saying that about your comments.

Frankly, I don't much care what people think of masks, as long as they wear them properly and wherever appropriate. It's the maskless "freedom fighters" bleating about conspiracies while nonchalantly spreading the virus that make me angry.

It was less the anti-masking that annoyed me as the open up stuff, I saw it a direct threat to peoples lives. Maybe my own and my loved ones. But that matters less than politeness or something, whatever. Hold my will to live against me and you can kindly go, oh the politeness police are out, can kindly go ... jump in a lake.

It really horrified me we had insane lunatics protest public health orders, was beyond what I thought possible for the people of this country, but I way underestimate the power and numbers and level of insanity of the lunatic right wing fringe obviously.

Now at that point I still think we could have adopted a real strategy to CRUSH not just flatten the virus. That's what I wanted. And provide people with whatever economic help is needed to accomplish it and open up again afterwards. But like most western countries we didn't. Why is a question for the history books. Nor was economic help provided to accomplish it. Which incidentally was the answer: provide help, crush the virus. But it didn't happen. Maybe what is scientifically possible (and it is, the countries that did it are proof) is not politically and socially possible (yea maybe even with or without orange moron, but of course orange moron made everything 1000 times worse). My respect for Eastern culture and society just increases over time btw.

On masks: saying it's people who question masks is of course a strawman. Questioning is one thing, I go on what the best consensus of what we know about how this virus spreads at the time is, realizing science evolves. That was and still is: that masks reduce spread. The poking holes in a mask and wearing a mask with snot inside outstuff was just a bunch of nasty trolling.

As for airplanes, I hear they may not be that dangerous for covid either, but the gatherings that follow can be, I mean not that many people fly just to fly without seeing other human beings after etc..
    Trees don't grow on money

Well, after 291 pages and over 350,000 deaths, we've established that Yppej is the victim....

Hong Kong has been studying whether flying is a high risk activity. From the beginning they have been testing everyone who arrives, making them quarantine 14 days, and then testing them a second time so they have good data on who was infected before they got on the plane vs. who got infected while on the plane. Since some airlines, particularly Emirates airline, is ADAMANT about everyone wearing a mask the whole time they are on board, the Hong Kong authorities have been able to compare whether diligent mask wearing on a plane works to prevent spread. Short answer, yes. But only if everyone on the plane keeps their mask on for the duration. Longer answer, based on what I've read about mask wearing on US planes I won't be getting on one until after I've been vaccinated.

Freedman looked at all Emirates flights from Dubai to Hong Kong between June 16 and July 5. What he found is quite telling. During those three weeks, Emirates had five flights with seven or more infected passengers on each flight, for a total of 58 coronavirus-positive passengers flying on eight-hour trips. And yet, nobody else on the planes — none of the other 1,500 to 2,000 passengers — picked up the virus, Freedman and his colleague report in the Journal of Travel Medicine.

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...-plane-flights

Thread Information