Page 423 of 454 FirstFirst ... 323373413421422423424425433 ... LastLast
Results 4,221 to 4,230 of 4534

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    A year from now everyone in Florida will either be vaccinated, recovered, or dead.
    No. You left out naturally immune because they had or have the virus in their system but they never got sick from it so they are not recovered.

What I don't like about this virus, especially at this point in time (a transitional time, in my opinion) is that vaccinated people and/or those who believe they have immunity because they have had the virus, are still only thinking of themselves. Some of them are not thinking about passing this virus on to others. It has been shown that those who have been vaccinated can still carry, pass on and get covid in one iteration or another. To use ALL of the suggested precautions is one way for these selfish people to protect themselves - and may inadvertently protect others.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    No. You left out naturally immune because they had or have the virus in their system but they never got sick from it so they are not recovered.
    We donít know about the delta variant but last fall there was a strain that went through a town in Brazil that infected a lot of people a second time. The people who have had delta may end up being immune forever or for a long time or for a few months. At this point we just donít know. But thankfully we have lots of people in states like florida amd Texas who are valiantly risking their lives to be part of the study where we find out how long immunity lasts after delta infection.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    What I don't like about this virus, especially at this point in time (a transitional time, in my opinion) is that vaccinated people and/or those who believe they have immunity because they have had the virus, are still only thinking of themselves. Some of them are not thinking about passing this virus on to others. It has been shown that those who have been vaccinated can still carry, pass on and get covid in one iteration or another. To use ALL of the suggested precautions is one way for these selfish people to protect themselves - and may inadvertently protect others.
    True. But as everyone here knows thereís a subset of the vaccinated who only got vaccinated because they have an extreme hatred of masks and looked to the vaccination as a savior from the overwhelming horror of having to wear them.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    True. But as everyone here knows there’s a subset of the vaccinated who only got vaccinated because they have an extreme hatred of masks and looked to the vaccination as a savior from the overwhelming horror of having to wear them.
    Hopefully, they will not succumb to catching (or passing on!) covid or any of the variants because of hatred to wearing a simple protective covering for limited periods of time... and practicing other simple protective behaviors, that definitely protect themselves primarily, regardless of whether or not they care about others!
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi

I do not believe the scientists have said that the vaccine will keep you from becoming infected or passing on the virus. It helps to prevent the illness from developing into a serious illness and to help keep you out of the hospital. The UK was hoping to save their hospital system which we have apparently written off.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetana3 View Post
    I do not believe the scientists have said that the vaccine will keep you from becoming infected or passing on the virus. It helps to prevent the illness from developing into a serious illness and to help keep you out of the hospital. The UK was hoping to save their hospital system which we have apparently written off.
    Exactly, but some folks don't seem to believe that. They feel the vaccine is their "free pass" to a "normal" that may not be the same normal any more.

Anyway who isolated from all human contact from the pandemic (and I did pretty much except bf) and doesn't anymore is behaving more "normal" than they were before.
    If you want something to get done, ask a busy person. If you want them to have a nervous breakdown that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ApatheticNoMore View Post
    Anyway who isolated from all human contact from the pandemic (and I did pretty much except bf) and doesn't anymore is behaving more "normal" than they were before.
    I agree. I now go shopping, I see friends, I go to the library, the doctor, the dentist, etc. I wear a mask for the necessary amount of time, I social distance as much as possible, and I wash my hands often and even follow the masking rules at work. I get to resume all these things while protecting myself and others.

Edited to add: That has/does include wearing a mask for 8 hours a day at work - doable! I feel sorry for the folks who are living their lives "what if" instead of focusing on getting through all of this. Will masking, social distancing, etc. be a forever thing? I don't believe so. But until then, I can and will do what I can to continue to protect myself and others. And continue to pray for those who are having such a hard time with all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    wearing a simple protective covering for limited periods of time
    It's not limited. It's neither limited within a single day as many now have to wear a mask for 8 hours a day or more on the job. I will have to when I have jury duty because my doctor's office left me a message they won't write me an excuse.

It's also not limited in duration. We are in the second year of this now and my local Board of Health says even if cases drop they will keep the mandate in place until 80% of people are vaccinated. That will never happen with a third of the population are anti-vax.

The people saying it is limited are retired, or work from home (or chose a profession where masking could be expected which is on them). They only mask up when running brief errands. From their mask lite privileged perch they criticize everyone else.

I watched part of the Boston mayoral debate until I just couldn't take it anymore. The poor moderator was asking questions like once kids get the vaccine can the mask mandate be dropped? What if the state drops its mandate? What if we get past delta and no one is getting sick? Will masks ever go away?

And before the first day of school had even started every single candidate was saying the mandate will stay in place the entire school year irregardless of the facts and public health recommendations. Then all the underdogs started attacking the one ahead in the polls because she said she is making long-range plans for the schools and they said all the focus should be on the short term. These are the sorts of bozos running the show. People who believe planning is bad and just slavishly follow the herd with covid paranoia.

Thread Information