Page 428 of 454 FirstFirst ... 328378418426427428429430438 ... LastLast
Results 4,271 to 4,280 of 4534

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    bae, she will not believe anything until she actually catches covid in any of its changing forms. And even then... maybe not.

razz had the right idea with a time-out. The Simple Living forum is slowly turning into a Yppej's rant against everyone and everything forum. Most threads are not fun reads any longer. Hopefully time will change things - who knows.

Blessings to all. And, no, I'm not being "run off" - I'll be around.
    Sounds like a good idea. Think I will join the time-out too for the reasons listed above.

Quote Originally Posted by happystuff View Post
    Most threads are not fun reads any longer.
    Posted on the coronavirus thread. I never thought of covid as being a fun topic. To each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Posted on the coronavirus thread. I never thought of covid as being a fun topic. To each their own.
    Well, for some reason masks have spilled over into public policy, dailies and challenges, workplace issues and probably other categories I’m not remembering at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Well, for some reason masks have spilled over into public policy, dailies and challenges, workplace issues and probably other categories I’m not remembering at the moment.
    Heck, I even got some good sewing machine advice here a year+ ago for my mask-sewing project :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    Heck, I even got some good sewing machine advice here a year+ ago for my mask-sewing project :-)
    My sister in law was on a tear of mask production for a long time. (She’s a retired hospice nurse who focused on hiv patients and also has long enjoyed sewing and quilting as hobbies so making masks for a pandemic was a natural for her). Just this morning my dentist asked if my mask was made with love or purchased, and I assured her it was the former. And since my dentist is freakin’ awesome I asked her to take a selfie with me to send to my sister in law to let her know that her mask skills had been noted and appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    My sister in law was on a tear of mask production for a long time. (She’s a retired hospice nurse who focused on hiv patients and also has long enjoyed sewing and quilting as hobbies so making masks for a pandemic was a natural for her). Just this morning my dentist asked if my mask was made with love or purchased, and I assured her it was the former. And since my dentist is freakin’ awesome I asked her to take a selfie with me to send to my sister in law to let her know that her mask skills had been noted and appreciated.
    Nice story! I'm sure your sister-in-law was so happy to see that pic.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Spoke to the nurse today. They said I would need a note from a psychiatrist. Explained I had a $400 deductible and that is burdensome to me but she didn't care. Emailed the court explaining the situation and asking can I do my jury service remotely. Though my brother was telling me today some of the issues with Zoom so I would rather just be excused.
    Not sure why you would think either the Doctors office (you agreed to your deductible) or the court would care (constitutional responsibility).
    I do agree that Zoom has issues (I would not install their software on my computers, and since I was required to fill out the jurror form online, I used a computer that identifies itself with an OS that the are unlikely to support.
    I was prepared to go to court, but followed the instructions of calling the day before. I know they are even trying to avoid capitol cases (woman was found locally, wanted in another state on a murder warrant. The other state didn't want her during covid) Murder there is no statue of limitations, where a lot of misdemeanors will get dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    Not sure why you would think either the Doctors office (you agreed to your deductible) or the court would care (constitutional responsibility).
    My employer only offers one medical plan. I cannot get a plan on my own through my state's connector because employer based insurance is available to me.

So while it may be naive of me to think anyone would care about my financial hardship (though courts do in some cases - they even have something called a financial hardship form), it's also naive of you to say that I "agreed" to my deductible. I am mandated by my state to carry medical insurance and yet I have no choice as to what policy or deductible I have.

My employer only offers one medical plan. I cannot get a plan on my own through my state's connector because employer based insurance is available to me.

So while it may be naive of me to think anyone would care about my financial hardship (though courts do in some cases - they even have something called a financial hardship form), it's also naive of you to say that I "agreed" to my deductible. I am mandated by my state to carry medical insurance and yet I have no choice as to what policy or deductible I have.
    So you don't choose to work there, but are forced to. OK.

Quote Originally Posted by ToomuchStuff View Post
    So you don't choose to work there, but are forced to. OK.
    What world do you live in that people choose their jobs based on the medical deductible rather than the duties, opportunities to learn and grow, effectiveness of management, congeniality of coworkers, other compensation, commute, or dozens of other factors? Or hop jobs in search of lower deductibles which are not guaranteed to stay low from one year to the next?

Thread Information