Page 244 of 601 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Here is an example of the idea that masks will save us. A coworker has been pressured by his family to fly to Florida, pick up granny, and fly back with her to Massachusetts so she can attend all the family holiday gatherings. He thinks it is a bad idea. I think it is a bad idea. But hey, they will wear masks on the plane and he will get a covid test before returning to work so what could go wrong?
    It’s a ridiculous idea. Good luck to all in that one.

And this is why the rules need to be more than voluntary recommendations. Selfish assholes will ignore them and put their whole community at risk.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...247141799.html

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    And this is why the rules need to be more than voluntary recommendations. Selfish assholes will ignore them and put their whole community at risk.

https://www.kansascity.com/news/coro...247141799.html

Or maybe parents could exercise parental discretion and tell their little darlings NO. No little darling. You are not going to be able to have a homecoming dance in your senior year of high school. Yes it is tragic and probably something you will never get over and possibly it is the worst thing the world is ever known but yeah. No dance for you.

The Biden voters and Black Lives Matter folks in my neighborhood were all over the city park playground with their privileged littke tykes when they weren’t supposed to be. There was a lot of justification of trick-or-treating in my neighborhood which was deemed a huge success. I know who they voted for because I know what signs they have in the yard.

There is not even remotely enough law-enforcement personnel to take these people onBesides remember how special they are they are they intelligent Sia who vote for Biden. They know best.

If you think it’s only Maga hat wears ignoring the health department’s recommendations, think again.

Meanwhile, my neighbors across the street in Hermann were some of the earlier cases in that rural county and they were absolutely locked down with all of their girls for weeks on end. They were so incredibly careful. Those kids did not go anywhere. Their friends came to their yard and talked to them from out in the street. They are popular girls and they have a lot of friends.

One lesson I take away from that is you can be as careful as shit and still catch the virus.

But by all means JP, please continue to post your screeds about dumb flyover country people because we are quite stupid when compared to you people on the West Coast.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But by all means JP, please continue to post your screeds about dumb flyover country people because we are quite stupid when compared to you people on the West Coast.
    Thank you, Iris.

Yppej
    Nancy Pelosi, who illegally had her hair colored, while not wearing a mask, when salons were supposed to be closed, is an example of West Coast noncompliance.

I don’t think any one state holds the record for risky behavior. There’s people everywhere not wearing masks and being careful. We are back to staying home because it’s too cold to be outside long and the virus is surging. We have not went anywhere with crowds. The problem with teens is that you can’t always control what they do no matter how hard you try.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Or maybe parents could exercise parental discretion and tell their little darlings NO. No little darling. You are not going to be able to have a homecoming dance in your senior year of high school. Yes it is tragic and probably something you will never get over and possibly it is the worst thing the world is ever known but yeah. No dance for you.

By all means please post articles about parents exercising reponsible discretion then. I realize that article is just one group of stupid effs who failed to exercise discretion. And it's not just midwestern folks. The jackass state rep on Staten Island who is planning a mega-thanksgiving at his home is just as much of an ass. Hopefully his elderly relatives are smart enough to decline the invite. All of these stories combined make clear to me that there are just a whole lot of "but muh freedumb" people out there who won't do the right thing unless there are penalties. How many daily cases and deaths will it take before people realize that their actions are killing people? We're already pushing 200k new cases per day. Will it take 300k? 500k? A million americans a day getting infected before these jerks realize, and care, that their actions are literally killing people? Sadly even that number probably wouldn't impress them, even though at that point we'd have to be airlifting patients halfway across the country to find an empty hospital bed if there was even one available anywhere.

And no, I don't think people in flyover country are stupid. I just think they've bought into trump's stupid BS and put themselves needlessly at risk. Why anyone would follow this administration's covid anything is surprising since 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue probably has one of the highest infection rates of anywhere in the country.

Dude, IL as blue as NY or CA. Few people here have “bought into Trump’s stupid BS.” Maybe in the rural areas. Cases out the arse here. Dem gov who is threatening another lockdown. Chicago, too. I rarely see anyone without a mask at the store.

It’s the damned private gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post

It’s the damned private gatherings.
    And restaurants/bars being too open. But yeah, it's people getting together indoors without masks. Like the stupid parents hosting a homecoming dance in a restaurant. Like the stupid ass state rep on Staten Island in blue state NY who plans to have a big superspreader thanksgiving at his home.

I think we're actually in agreement here. I haven't spent any time indoors with anyone other than SO since this began. And certainly not without a mask. And I don't plan to any time soon. When the movers were doing their thing I insisted that SO and I stay outside as much as possible and we had all the windows wide open until an hour after they left. Who knows. Maybe our numbers are only good because we have nice weather here all summer so people can easily get together outside. If that's the case and we have a cold, wet winter then maybe our numbers will go through the roof in the next few months. I don't know.

You seem to be focusing on the big private gatherings. But the majority aren’t that way. I keep hearing on the radio and FB of people getting the plague after being exposed at smallish private gatherings, say under 10 people or so. But no masks.

The restaurants/bars here had no more than 50% capacity for indoor service. The state is divided into regions and indoor service was shut down at certain times when numbers went too high. All indoor bar/restaurant service has been shut down now for at least the past week. Outdoor only now, although that won’t last well with Midwestern winter weather.

Thread Information