Page 397 of 601 FirstFirst ... 297347387395396397398399407447497 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,970 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Sometimes when people are feeling powerless because they won't give up on a farm and a full-time job where they are always unhappy with the administration and a husband who's off working nights while they struggle to keep their clutter under control they resort to snarky comments. They won't go for counseling because they are used to and comfortable with the dysfunction and afraid to change. You can't have rational conversations with them because they are going to attack you to deflect attention from their own situation.

Sometimes when people are feeling powerless because they won't give up on a farm and a full-time job where they are always unhappy with the administration and a husband who's off working nights while they struggle to keep their clutter under control they resort to snarky comments. They won't go for counseling because they are used to and comfortable with the dysfunction and afraid to change. You can't have rational conversations with them because they are going to attack you to deflect attention from their own situation.
    Wow. Project much? You're underemployed, in a falling down house with a mentally ill son in a co dependent relationship, with friends abandoning you and you have the nerve to strike out at Chicken Lady this way? Just wow.

With all you have going wrong in your own life, one might think you'd have some empathy for others that are struggling. But you just choose to be mean and cruel.

There are people that we strongly disagree with in real life. We don't change others' thinking and behaviour in real life. We simply choose to disengage or avoid as we are able. On SLF, can we not do the same and simply ignore the rants or obsessive behaviour in posts? I have noticed that a number of members have already chosen to do this.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by herbgeek View Post
    Wow. Project much? You're underemployed, in a falling down house with a mentally ill son in a co dependent relationship, with friends abandoning you and you have the nerve to strike out at Chicken Lady this way? Just wow.

With all you have going wrong in your own life, one might think you'd have some empathy for others that are struggling. But you just choose to be mean and cruel.
    The house is not falling down. The ceiling was replaced. I did go for counseling and am not in a codependent relationship. One friend (not friends plural - am planning get-togethers with others) in difficult circumstances has distanced herself - though I showed much empathy towards her and her struggles.

I am employed full time in a benefitted job.

Try again. You didn't do too well with these accusations.

Don’t forget she doesn’t have an ATM card because she’s afraid she’s going to get to get robbed and kidnapped when using the ATM.

It was not my intention to make or encourage attacks on Yppej.

I was simply presenting the impressions I have that have led to the decision I have made.

my preference would be that people neither attack nor argue fruitlessly with Yppej.

yppej, I am glad to hear that your life is better than your posts have led some of us to believe. Should you care, I assure you that mine is much better than the impression you seem to have.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    It was not my intention to make or encourage attacks on Yppej.

I was simply presenting the impressions I have that have led to the decision I have made.

my preference would be that people neither attack nor argue fruitlessly with Yppej.

yppej, I am glad to hear that your life is better than your posts have led some of us to believe. Should you care, I assure you that mine is much better than the impression you seem to have.
    Still reading my posts I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken lady View Post
    nobody has tried to explain to me why they are still engaging. I really wanted to know. Do you just enjoy the fight?
    Based purely on my interpretation of what I have read throughout the forum, there have been some folks who have stated that, yes, they enjoy getting a rise out of folks (i.e. enjoy the fight). Others, bless them, seem to be expressing true concern and empathy, even after being personally "attacked".

For what it is worth, I am like you in that I read pretty much all the posts in a thread I am interested in, but in my opinion, that doesn't mean "engaging"; rather, directly responding to someone is, in my opinion, engaging with that individual.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I meant engaging in the argument.

Yppej, I read all the posts in a thread if I read the thread. My new rule for myself is to only respond if I think there is a point. You motivated me to make that rule and I appreciate it.

there are threads that I stop reading because there is too much conflict, or because they have become strongly centered around you and I don’t feel I can offer you anything and I feel rude ignoring you, or that I don’t read because you started them. (Except sometimes I get lured in to peek at Bae)

I think this thread may have reached the point where it has become one of the time wasters in my life and will probably stop reading it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Or she could stop fantasizing about thwarting the safety provided by masks. It’s creepy and not really defensible. I hope for your sake she wasn’t at the Missouri state fair.
    Fortunately, I came through that spreader event with no Covid infection. It would’ve shown up by now. And since it was rural Missouri in a state where 44% of the inhabitants are vaccinated, I’m pretty sure it was something like 75% unvaccinated in that Pork Palace tent (what was I thinking!?? !)

I’d rather stand next to Jeppys than to them.

Thread Information