Page 600 of 601 FirstFirst ... 100500550590598599600601 LastLast
Results 5,991 to 6,000 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Four years ago today WHO declared the plague a pandemic. Dang. Time flies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    Four years ago today WHO declared the plague a pandemic. Dang. Time flies.
    My life was very easy during Covid. But I knew many people who died because I run in crowds of old people in these garden clubs and plant societies. One of the plants groups is still picking up pieces from Covid lockdowns, illnesses, and deaths.

I will say that the deaths of important persons in the iris Society were not due to Covid, it was old age related.

the after effects of lockdowns, scare mongering, etc. will be felt for a long time. I can’t even imagine how the schools have recovered or are in recovery.
    Last edited by iris lilies; 3-11-24 at 10:05pm.
    I am not a serious person.

I got laid off on 3/25/20 and was out of work for four months, then work at home job for 8 months. I was home for the worst of it. So one good thing about the horrid work from home job.

I make $30K more than I did when I got laid off four years ago. I’ve lived by myself since 1996 so I didn’t have the mental health issues some did. I was able to pay my bills with that extra $600 week unemployment.

In an odd way, I miss lockdown and the stay home stuff through 2022.

I know this isn't exactly a rigorous, double-blind study, but I spent a lot of time at my Mom's during the worst of the kitchen project and at the peak of my head cold. I was extremely conscientious about masking and hand sanitation, and she did not catch my cold.

The death of people I knew from covid, were a mix of things. We had our oven repair man and his wife both pass, leaving a 10 year old behind, but both had weight issues. Our pest controls husband passed, and she had to argue with the doctors, so both daughters got to say goodbye before he did, while she didn't get to. (doctor only wanted one final visitor), couple near misses, with no health issues like a bank president friend. Now with it being back around with RSV, and my immunity going down like it supposed to due to the chemo, they want me to wear a mask on the weeks that I am on the pump and back working. Lessen the chance of catching anything from the common cold, etc. that could affect my health and treatments.

Had to pull out my mask from my late friend and coworker, as well as my silence of the lambs mask.

Thinking of you, ToomuchStuff, and hoping you're feeling ok! Glad your mom missed your cold, rr! I have a friend who continues to mask outside during peak allergy season, she said she had no idea it could make such a difference in her suffering level. We don't currently mask but have plenty of them on hand if anyone gets sick. We knew people who died of covid, and some for whom it hastened their end. DD had (has?) long-covid and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Child2 had it but no lasting repercussions. Like Tradd, I lost my job just before covid and it was nice to not have to go out to work during all that! There were three of us holed up here, and we had no problems, we're all introverts. It doesn't seem like it's been 4 years! I do feel for the kids who lost a lot of ground, but that's not entirely on Covid. Before, I was teaching and at least 95% of my students were reading below grade level, and more than half of those were reading at least 4 grades below. Admittedly, these were kids caught up in the juvenile justice system, but still!

I'm another that lost a long-time job when COVID hit. Like Tradd, that extra $600 a month unemployment made a huge difference and really, really helped. Know several people who died from COVID. I'm one of those that doesn't differentiate "died, but had health issues". I'm of the mind that - if they hadn't caught COVID, would they still be alive - even with health issues? If they would, then it is my opinion that it was a death due to COVID.

Oh, well. It is what it is.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

I don’t know anyone personally who died from Covid. One person has severe long covid. Had to give up diving. Another long covid victim was a friend’s sister. She went from an active lifestyle including triathlons to not being able to do her job (teaching) and had to move back with her parents.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    I lost a tenant - a 39 year old Mexican male with years ahead of him - due to Covid. I also know of one deli clerk at the Food City I go to who passed - she had fatty liver, who knows if this made her vulnerable? The grocery store I work at lost two older employees also. Rob

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    The news media loves scare tactics stories. They love scaring you. Notice how you are taking up their bait “ being spooked something fierce.” Your SO and his family, also ” spooked.”

None of us can predict the future so we can only speak in generalities which are: some people will die from this infection, Probably not many, probably not people we know, we all need to work to maintain our immune system, this too shall pass.
    I'vr remembered your post here these past four years. What a trip things became not longer after you posted these words! I'm just glad this time has passed and hope that in my lifetime there is not another pandemic. Rob

Thread Information