Page 177 of 601 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    It's almost a month now since California's mask mandate and cases continue to surge there. When will people realize if it's not an N95 mask specially fitted to your face then a face covering is useless? Placebo effects can't stop this virus.

Of course blaming people for not wearing masks deflects attention from the failures in testing by the powers that be.
    Almost 5 weeks now with a mask mandate in California and the situation there continues to deteriorate, making headlines again today. "The worst it has been since the pandemic began" per the LA Times article below. Epic failed policy to rely on masks.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...s-cases-deaths

No public health expert calls for masks alone they call for other measures of the type yeppej also opposes (remember yeppej wanted to open things up).

How much of a difference wearing a mask makes:
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/21/89341...g-a-mask-makes

The states that are doing well are doing the opposite of anything yeppej recommends.

Of course. Who didn't see that coming. Doh.

I can't believe anyone thinks mandate means everyone follows it, especially in CA, where without massive outreach to many different communities it isn't going to happen anyway, and not so much of that as far as I've seen.

So called pent up demand on the economic side means economy returns to only part of what it was pre-corona even then and only for a month or so. I mean that's what the economic data tends to be. Now if there is a pent up demand for parties at people's houses or something, hmm ok, how would one ever get data on that, but that is really a very separate issue from economic opening it seems to me.
    Last edited by ApatheticNoMore; 7-22-20 at 2:11am.
    Trees don't grow on money

So Florida is too dangerous to have a political convention but safe enough for kids to go back to school. I guess we now have schrodinger’s virus.

Utah reports 267 deaths due to coronavirus.

There was a "spike" in new cases on the dates 7/8/20 through 7/11/20, when the state reported over 1,000 per day. The President of the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints wrote a letter to members dated 7/10/20 asking that they wear face masks in public, as a call to minister to one another.

The state government uses a color code to communicate to Utahans:
    Green "lowest risk", applies in 10 Utah counties.
    Yellow "low risk"
    Orange "moderate risk"

Orange localities have restrictions based on public health concerns about the spread of COVID-19:
    Maximum 20 persons in a social gathering.
    Leave home infrequently.
    Maintain social distance of at least 6 feet.
    Wear face covering in public.
    Limit out-of-state-travel.
    In high contact businesses (such as barbers) strict protocols must be observed.
    In restaurants take out is encouraged; extreme precautions are required for dining in restaurants.
    In all workplaces: strict hygiene and social distancing.

At present, the town of Springfield and the counties of Salt Lake, Summit, and Grand are the Orange areas of Utah. I believe that areas which are now Yellow will be designated Orange, when (if) the 7-day moving average of new cases increases above a certain criterion.

Governor Herbert has been reluctant to mandate masks in public, but masks are mandatory for all who enter state-run facilities (such as liquor stores, DMV, Capitol Hill, etc.).

Most Utah residents are not without restrictions, considering all of the above.

http://coronavirus.utah.gov

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Utah reports 267 deaths due to coronavirus.

There was a "spike" in new cases on the dates 7/8/20 through 7/11/20, when the state reported over 1,000 per day. The President of the the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints wrote a letter to members dated 7/10/20 asking that they wear face masks in public, as a call to minister to one another.

The state government uses a color code to communicate to Utahans:
    Green "lowest risk", applies in 10 Utah counties.
    Yellow "low risk"
    Orange "moderate risk"

Orange localities have restrictions based on public health concerns about the spread of COVID-19:
    Maximum 20 persons in a social gathering.
    Leave home infrequently.
    Maintain social distance of at least 6 feet.
    Wear face covering in public.
    Limit out-of-state-travel.
    In high contact businesses (such as barbers) strict protocols must be observed.
    In restaurants take out is encouraged; extreme precautions are required for dining in restaurants.
    In all workplaces: strict hygiene and social distancing.

At present, the town of Springfield and the counties of Salt Lake, Summit, and Grand are the Orange areas of Utah. I believe that areas which are now Yellow will be designated Orange, when (if) the 7-day moving average of new cases increases above a certain criterion.

Governor Herbert has been reluctant to mandate masks in public, but masks are mandatory for all who enter state-run facilities (such as liquor stores, DMV, Capitol Hill, etc.).

Most Utah residents are not without restrictions, considering all of the above.

http://coronavirus.utah.gov
    There are liquor stores in Utah? huh.

Interesting insights, tho.
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

I'm not sure I couldn't see an argument for not wearing masks and letting the thing get out of control so that we could FINALLY get our @#$# state and local government to DO SOMETHING.

Because at is now, they don't care if locally there are 2k cases a day and state wide over 10k. It means absolutely nothing to them that a ton of people are getting sick a day. 10% positivity and they are still BS-ing about opening schools (the unions will stop some of that). Maybe we need to overwhelm the hospital system in order to get them to take this seriously, and bring an end to the mass sickness because they finally get serious about controlling it.

Because meanwhile the northeast has this thing under much better control. And they got there by going through a crisis early on and then doing a strict long lockdown and then having contract tracing etc. etc.. Please don't tell me they got there by electing more and better Democrats, because California is unequivocally Dem dominated (well the Dems could be better ones).

We may never get there. How bad it was there, scared their governments into not being garbage and taking the actions they needed to take. But controlled burn through the population forever the government is perfectly fine with and if it kills MORE in the long run, la-de-da they just don't care.
    Trees don't grow on money

How difficult would it have been to take precautions early, study countries who did it right, and follow suit?
    Stupidity and arrogance are a bad combination.

Quote Originally Posted by KayLR View Post
    There are liquor stores in Utah? huh.

Interesting insights, tho.
    The liquor stores in Utah are operated by an agency of the state government.

Incidentally today they are all closed for State Holiday celebrating the 7/24/1847 entry of Brigham Young and the Mormon pioneers into the Salt Lake Valley.

“ I'm not sure I couldn't see an argument for not wearing masks and letting the thing get out of control so ...”

There’s so many negatives in that sentence that I can’t figure out which side you’re on. Ha!

Thread Information