Page 193 of 601 FirstFirst ... 93143183191192193194195203243293 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,930 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Former Royals player and an asbestos removal guy I know, both had it. Church that a few weeks ago, had a outdoor summer camp thing, where they had volleyball, and other outdoor activities, and brought in food trucks, made the news when 30 people tested positive. That is across the highway from work.
    Since the one boss passed, and the other had their kidney's fail and started dialysis, I have only gone places I have to for work. I know one place I have to go soon (inspection on vehicle), has had two of their suppliers shut down due to testing positive (auto parts), and the asbestos worker I know, did an inspection there, so high risk.

Yppej
    I heard on the news - and believe these are US figures - 500,000 children have tested positive for covid and 103 have died, a mortality rate of .0002 percent among those tested. Even without factoring in all the untested children you see that this virus is not the big deal that those with a vested interest in hysteria, who want to keep the schools shut down, portray it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I heard on the news - and believe these are US figures - 500,000 children have tested positive for covid and 103 have died, a mortality rate of .0002 percent among those tested. Even without factoring in all the untested children you see that this virus is not the big deal that those with a vested interest in hysteria, who want to keep the schools shut down, portray it to be.
    Any dead child is a very, very big deal, Yppej. 103 children--my heart breaks hearing that.

But the little germ factories bring it home to oldsters. A d the little germ factories are not reliable at washing hands and etc.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Any dead child is a very, very big deal, Yppej. 103 children--my heart breaks hearing that.
    How many children do you think will die of starvation in the Third World because of the effects of the covid economic shutdowns? According to this article many more than have died of covid:

https://time.com/5864803/oxfam-hunger-covid-19/

They do not break down the deaths by age group but project 121 million people pushed to the brink of starvation, with 12,000 deaths per day. The peak global deaths per day for covid was 10,000 in April. And the economic devastation will last for years. It is not only in the US that every day businesses permanently close.

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But the little germ factories bring it home to oldsters. A d the little germ factories are not reliable at washing hands and etc.
    I believe there should be a remote option for everyone, but also an in person option.

Yppej, it's offensive to talk about the death of children as "no big deal."

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Yppej, it's offensive to talk about the death of children as "no big deal."
    Statistically it's not a big deal. It's nowhere near the leading causes of childhood death.

Say it is not a major health threat if you prefer that wording.

Should schools shut down because children might die in a car or bus accident on the way to school? That is much more likely. It's probably more likely they get shot and killed at school.

No one is saying let's put our country on lockdiown and tank the economy because too many children are dying of gunshot wounds in places like Chicago and St Louis. Yet children are more at risk from stray bullets if they leave their house than of covid if they leave their house.

So which children's lives are most valuable? I guess not those of the children in the Third World facing starvation due to covid hysteria, and not the lives of the inner city children domestically.

Statistically it's not a big deal. It's nowhere near the leading causes of childhood death.

Say it is not a major health threat if you prefer that wording.

Should schools shut down because children might die in a car or bus accident on the way to school? That is much more likely. It's probably more likely they get shot and killed at school.

No one is saying let's put our country on lockdiown and tank the economy because too many children are dying of gunshot wounds in places like Chicago and St Louis. Yet children are more at risk from stray bullets if they leave their house than of covid if they leave their house.

So which children's lives are most valuable? I guess not those of the children in the Third World facing starvation due to covid hysteria, and not the lives of the inner city children domestically.
    And, how many of those children infected others?? You miss the point entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    And, how many of those children infected others?? You miss the point entirely.
    Deliberately so.

Thread Information