Page 144 of 601 FirstFirst ... 4494134142143144145146154194244 ... LastLast
Results 1,431 to 1,440 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

I'm only doing takeout, or delivery for restaurants right now.

One of the local high-end restaurants, which is on the beach, has started selling pizzas off their back patio, and you can pick up up, and go spread your blanket on the beach, and remain distanced, which works great.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post

One of the local high-end restaurants, which is on the beach, has started selling pizzas off their back patio, and you can pick up up, and go spread your blanket on the beach, and remain distanced, which works great.
    That sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    That sounds great!
    Yes, it's an amazing change. $20 for dinner for two, instead of $200 :-)

Oh Lord this was a bad thing. We are in Hermann and the tourists are out. I went to a restaurant intending to sit outside but all the outside seating was taken except for a place where it was really hot. So we went inside, choses a corner table away from everyone else and since they only had half of the tables up anyway that seemed OK.

But then. The crowds came. And more groups. This is a tourist town so it’s not individuals who order it’s gaggles of girls, so many brides and their parties. Tons of people and there was no social distancing and I saw only one mask. I know I didn’t take my name because I forgot it, but it was in the car and I should’ve gone to get it.

And this is a small restaurant. So fortunately they serve food in cardboard containers and the second we got our food we left with it. It was hideously noisy in this restaurant as it has all hard surfaces and noise bounces. For alcohol They serve only awful sweet slushy drinks and All food is fried. Here’s why I went there – I want to give the restaurant business. It is owned by a trained chef and this is his new concept restaurant. They closeD their perfectly nice Italian restaurant and rebranded as this thing. UGG.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan View Post
    I'm in Montana at the moment and everywhere we've been so far has required wearing of masks. They seem to be overdoing the social distancing thing a bit though, visited the Little Bighorn Battlefield Monument today and they blocked off every other parking space, I guess to protect the cars.
    Having been to local wilderness parks here I understand the thought process. I've tried to go to a couple of parks over the past months that had parking lots that were just mobbed with people. Both times I just kept driving and went hiking in less popular parks. Whether the same phenomena would happen at Little Bighorn is debatable. Most of the mobs I've seen in parking lots at state and county parks have been groups of people meeting up that had arrived in different cars. That's probably not as much of an issue at a place like Little Bighorn.

Quote Originally Posted by jp1 View Post
    Having been to local wilderness parks here I understand the thought process. I've tried to go to a couple of parks over the past months that had parking lots that were just mobbed with people. Both times I just kept driving and went hiking in less popular parks. Whether the same phenomena would happen at Little Bighorn is debatable. Most of the mobs I've seen in parking lots at state and county parks have been groups of people meeting up that had arrived in different cars. That's probably not as much of an issue at a place like Little Bighorn.
    The closest town to this monument has a population of 2. It's 30 miles to the nearest grocery store and 56 miles to the nearest ubiquitous Walmart. Mobs would seem to be anything but ordinary.
    "Things should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler." ~ Albert Einstein

Sounds fantastic! I would do that every night for dinner!

That is what our last night in Hawaii back in March was like. High end restaurant we'd eaten at on our last trip to Kauai. They were only doing takeout but letting people eat out on their lawn facing the ocean. They even brought out lawn furniture for us. It was actually more enjoyable than the last time we ate there because the food was still delicious and it was just a low key, enjoy the sunset while you eat, kind of experience. SO was trying to look disappointed but he was obviously faking his disappointment...
    dinner.jpg

And the view behind me.
    dinner2.jpg

One restaurant here closed down in house dining due to rapidly rising covid cases (it's allowed, they just don't want to be open), went back to take out and delivery.

I don't think I've been in a restaurant since February (I don't mean take out), I think early March I got soup at a salad bar and reheated it!
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    I heard on the radio today that JP Morgan Chase has developed a model that correctly predicts the location of covid outbreaks. They found where you have a high rate of dining inside restaurants 3 weeks later you have an outbreak. Where you high rates of people shopping at supermarkets you have a low rate of infection 3 weeks later. Here is a link to an article on this:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/06/26/this...rus-cases.html

I found this interesting because despite having no risk factors I have not eaten at a restaurant since the pandemic began, though I could have crossed a nearby state line and done so indoors or out. By contrast one of my critics here, a high risk individual, has reported going out for multiple restaurant meals during the pandemic.

Things that make you go hmmm.
    That was an interesting article, Jeppy. Thanks for posting. We've only gotten take-out 5 times and we haven't eaten in a restaurant since 3/14/20. I love to eat out, but it isn't worth the risk.

Thread Information