Page 228 of 254 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2534

Thread: Conavirus......

Sorry. 😞

It’s good to have you back. Hang in there.

Bitter pill to swallow... My county has had its first COVID-19 fatality. In my state, the death count is 1,778.

All the numbers seem to say we are still getting sicker.

Personally, I believe our only hope lies in splendid isolation. In the fullness of time there likely will be a vaccine. But until then, we will not be congregating for any cause, however worthy!

Quote Originally Posted by dado potato View Post
    Bitter pill to swallow... My county has had its first COVID-19 fatality. In my state, the death count is 1,778.

All the numbers seem to say we are still getting sicker.

Personally, I believe our only hope lies in splendid isolation. In the fullness of time there likely will be a vaccine. But until then, we will not be congregating for any cause, however worthy!
    King County has recorded 789 deaths, for a death rate of 3% among infected individuals. Most of us are taking it seriously here, even as the federal government has lost interest. I'm laying in supplies--and Kindle books--and am fully prepared for the long haul.

I was shocked to get invited to do a set of in-person interviews in a market research facility in 2-3 weeks. 10 nurses, 5 doctors. It would be in Boston or NJ. I usually have a very difficult time saying no to projects, but a) I like being sequestered in Vermont during this, and b) DH has some compromising health conditions. Yes, I could get tested when I got back, but why even go through the hassle??

I'm going to say no, and it's it's going to kill me to turn down money.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Suburban Cook County (the county where Chicago is located) - where I live - has now banned indoor dining at restaurants beginning Wednesday. I had a friend who wanted to meet for dinner, but thankfully, her schedule kept getting in the way.

I noticed through an online NJ community forum that the Regal Cinemas that was about 5 minutes from our NJ house has closed. I never even thought about movie theatres! Who would go to the movies these days? Never mind how vulnerable they were before COVID because of the streaming culture these days. I'd be really sad to have that industry go down. It's always kind of fun to go out for a movie experience.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town

Our local movie theatre tried opening with proper spacing but had to close due to lack of response. Yesterday, they offered a special movie that you had to register to attend. The first viewing of 40 people was committed with second time scheduled for taking registrations. I was tempted but opted not to go. I wonder how many actually showed up.
    As Cicero said, “Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues, but the parent of all the others.”

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I was shocked to get invited to do a set of in-person interviews in a market research facility in 2-3 weeks. 10 nurses, 5 doctors. It would be in Boston or NJ. I usually have a very difficult time saying no to projects, but a) I like being sequestered in Vermont during this, and b) DH has some compromising health conditions. Yes, I could get tested when I got back, but why even go through the hassle??

I'm going to say no, and it's it's going to kill me to turn down money.
    Can you offer to do it virtually? I can't imagine why it has to be in person.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Can you offer to do it virtually? I can't imagine why it has to be in person.
    I can offer, but I'm sure they specifically want in person and eventually if they can't get anyone to travel, they'll probably have to be satisfied with telephone interviews or video interviews. I just flew it by my husband and he is not comfortable with me doing it at all, so that seals the deal for me.

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    I can offer, but I'm sure they specifically want in person and eventually if they can't get anyone to travel, they'll probably have to be satisfied with telephone interviews or video interviews. I just flew it by my husband and he is not comfortable with me doing it at all, so that seals the deal for me.
    I talked to my friend in Westfield today and she said the high school there is closed now, and so are the schools in Boston. They had been open, now closed. So I think you are wise not to go.

Thread Information