Page 499 of 563 FirstFirst ... 399449489497498499500501509549 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 4,990 of 5623

Thread: Conavirus......

SOís bowling league cancelled for tonight because of the infection rate. Half the teams didnít want to participate.

This variant is sweeping through the population quickly. It looks like the world is back to cocooning, and it's the perfect time of year for that.

I was in another town's library the other day because they don't have a mask mandate. They had a great sign up in the bathroom:

Keep calm and wash your hands

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    This variant is sweeping through the population quickly. It looks like the world is back to cocooning, and it's the perfect time of year for that.
    It does seem that way. We did outdoor dining New Yearís Eve and a normally really busy restaurant was less than half capacity the whole time we were there and the whole area of town with lots of restaurants/bars was more like an average weeknight level busy, not like New Yearís Eve busy.

They were interviewing a doc from the ucsf medical system on pod save America yesterday and his estimate, based on positive tests in the Bay Area counties was that 1 out of every 15-20 people walking around San Francisco is probably an asymptomatic positive. If that is accurate this will burn through a large chunk of people really quickly. High vaxxed areas will get through it ok but other places are likely to see the healthcare systems overwhelmed.

A good chunk of employees in my region are out. Some are asymptomatic but others feel quite sick though not to the point of hospitalization. Vaccination and boosting has not stopped the infection or reduced its severity from what I have observed at work.

My bank sent out an email to call before you go to a branch because it might be closed due to lack of staffing.

So when we all have it I wonder how people will do things like buy food. I don't know anyone who is self-sufficient when it comes to food. Will everyone sit in quarantine and no one work?

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

So when we all have it I wonder how people will do things like buy food. I don't know anyone who is self-sufficient when it comes to food. Will everyone sit in quarantine and no one work?
    Or operate a school. It's not just the kids who will be out, but also teachers, bus drivers, cafeteria workers, etc.

Read this article today about hospitalizations in my county. We're the highest vaxxed county in California with 90% of every single person vaxxed and many boosted and the 'hospitalization' rates for covid are now showing a doubling of covid hospitalizations in just one day. But when the health director for the county dug into it he found that almost all of the increase was from asymptomatic people who were at the hospital for non-covid reasons but were tested because everyone is tested. So yeah, being vaxxed and boosted is key to avoiding serious illness from omicron.

https://www.sfgate.com/coronavirus/a...n-16748226.php

Anecdotally a friend of my sister's that works HR back office for a large hospital system in San Diego says that about 25% of staff are currently out because they have tested positive despite being asymptomatic. All are vaccinated because it's a work requirement. If that can be extrapolated to the community at large then this will indeed pass through rather quickly. And relatively painlessly for highly vaxxed communities.

The governor of NY is trying to get reporting to distinguish between hospitalized for covid and hospitalized for something else but positive for covid. Since hospitals get more money for covid patients I wish her luck.

Masks are required to enter businesses but no one is enforcing it. They are afraid of their employees getting abused. Most people are complying. Vaccine cards are not required to enter anything.

On Tuesday in downtown Portland both Starbucks and Chipotle were closed because of staffing issues. We went to three places looking for something to eat at lunchtime and none of them were open.

No problem out in the suburban towns finding restaurants open.

as of yesterday, Portland back to all stores and restaurants needing masks to enter.

Thread Information