Page 503 of 563 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 5623

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Time to say, if you don’t get vaccinated, you don’t get a bed if needed.
    That seems a bit much. There are still people who are unvaccinated because they are in underserved communities, or have PEG / polysorbate allergies. There are also people who are just victims of their own echo-chamber political views/social media/news sources.

I mean, we provide high-quality emergency/trauma care to all sorts of people with lifestyle issues. I cut people out of cars pretty frequently who drove while drunk, and crashed. And get them to the regional trauma care center within the "golden hour". If we were getting all judgy about lifestyle choices, we'd just clear the road and let them bleed out in a ditch, but that hardly seems humane.

Quote Originally Posted by frugal-one View Post
    Jesus H Christ. I am having a hard time feeling sorry for the unvaccinated.
    I feel terribly sorry that they are unwitting victims to deliberate misinformation and conspiracy-theory mongering. It is shameful.

This foolishness kills people.

Quote Originally Posted by bae View Post
    That seems a bit much. There are still people who are unvaccinated because they are in underserved communities, or have PEG / polysorbate allergies. There are also people who are just victims of their own echo-chamber political views/social media/news sources.

I mean, we provide high-quality emergency/trauma care to all sorts of people with lifestyle issues. I cut people out of cars pretty frequently who drove while drunk, and crashed. And get them to the regional trauma care center within the "golden hour". If we were getting all judgy about lifestyle choices, we'd just clear the road and let them bleed out in a ditch, but that hardly seems humane.
    Yeah, I don’t see placing the burden of passing treatment by on the backs of medical personnel in an emergency situation, but they are in fact doing triage whether we like it or not.

I would rather see a financial element come to pass, something like insurance companies refusing to pay for any hospital stay having to do with Covid. I suppose that’s not doable either though for many reasons I wouldn’t understand being pretty far away from it.

I vaguely remember hearing of insurance companies raising rates for the unvaccinated.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I would rather see a financial element come to pass, something like insurance companies refusing to pay for any hospital stay having to do with Covid. I suppose that’s not doable either though for many reasons I wouldn’t understand being pretty far away from it.
    I think you'd have to craft financial incentives fairly carefully. People's discount-rate for future Bad Things often is incorrectly calculated. I suspect a before-the-Bad-Thing penalty would be more effective at shaping behaviour, along with some rewards.

If you simply bankrupt them after they get covid, the hospitals/healthcare system will still end up writing off/eating a lot of the cost, and the now-bankrupt covid survivor will go on to be an additional drain on society as they access social support services.

Perhaps this is why the NHS in the UK quite prudently spends the money up-front on test kits and stuff, since the NHS gets stuck with the bill for the sick people.

I spent 1.5 hours in a very long line of cars today to get a Covid test. Me and K have been very careful, we don't go out much at all, and wear double masks when we do. But we went to Albuquerque on Saturday to get some art supplies, and went into the co-op to grab some sandwiches to eat in the car, and then I dropped off new work to one of my galleries. Yesterday I started feeling a bit punky with sinus pressure, a very slight scratchy throat, a headache, diarrhea...this morning after I did the house chores of bringing in wood, dumping the stove ashes and compost and sweeping up the floor, I felt strangely light-headed and slightly out of breath. When I called my local clinic, they faxed over a requisition to the testing site (the only way to get a test around here). It is impossible to find test kits in the stores anyway, and I didn't want to be going in and out of places anyway.

So I will find out in 72 hours; at least my calendar is blank for the next two weeks, being that I am still unemployed. I am really grateful (and lucky) I can laze about the
    house while I am waiting. I had already ordered groceries online and picked them up yesterday so we are pretty set. I am hearing that a number of people around my general area have it. I am so glad I cancelled my trip to Michigan last week for my Mom's 90th birthday; hours after I cancelled the flights (thank god I bought trip insurance), the airlines cancelled the flights anyway. I was supposed to be returning from Michigan today, and just read that many, many flights were being cancelled from lack of staff. I wouldn't have wanted to be trapped there, unable to find a flight!

A veterinarian friend of ours just got her test results and they were.............inconclusive. She needs to get dressed again and go back for another test.

So sorry to hear this iris and Siouzq. Hope that everyone have minor cases and recover quickly.

So sorry IL and SQ. I hope everyone is okay.

Hope everyone waiting is negative! And sorry about your dh, il.

As for tests, stores in my area reported really high sales/selling out from before Christmas through to the new year. I think we, the general public, created the shortage. First it was toilet paper and now covid tests.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information