Page 509 of 563 FirstFirst ... 9409459499507508509510511519559 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,090 of 5623

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I signed up tonight. Live in an apartment. No issue with putting apt number as usual.
    Texting with my sister about this she had a couple of friends who live in the same apartment building. The one who signed up first put the address normal had no problem. The other one had to do the workaround. That makes me think that the system just uses a simplistic ‘no identical address’ method of screening out duplicates.

It's probably a least bad system, not equitable if say 20 people are living in a house, compared to one person at an address. But then what, I mean we could start to ask personally identifying information like SSN or other ID, DOB, etc. to send them per individual rather than per address but literally noone wants that, I can't imagine almost anyone to prefer that except those hoping for the total failure of the Biden presidency, to have to fill all that annoying personal info to get a test, talk about unpopular, and bound to scare people off.
    Trees don't grow on money

Today I received or first batch of covid rapid tests in the mail. Too late really.I guess I will keep them around for the next Round of Covid.

At this point, DH is past being infectious since his symptoms started 10 days ago and he likely wouldn't register positive. He is still weak. Doing an hour’s worth of work exhausts him.

I also sign ed for the free gubmnt tests ‘tho they are at present useless for us.

Ordered my four free home tests last night when the website opened up. (four per household) Don't know when they will arrive, but don't need them at the moment anyway. Will feel a bit better having them on hand.
    Last edited by happystuff; 1-19-22 at 1:50pm.
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Studies out of Israel show that boosting people every few months doesn't work. So much for the pharma forever solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    Studies out of Israel show that boosting people every few months doesn't work. So much for the pharma forever solution.
    But they sure got their money didn’t they?

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    But they sure got their money didn’t they?
    Yep.

Another development today - Oregon is planning to make their mask mandate permanent.

My own Board of Health has spewed nonsense such as "it also helps with the flu" so why not keep it forever.

It's a healthocracy - nothing else matters, but avoiding the least little risk to the most feeble person on the planet who could protect himself or herself with an N95 or KN95 mask like health care workers exposed to covid all day long do. But no, everyone must wear masks forever. Life can't have any risk at all. We should all just sit in our houses working from home and buying from home until we die alone.

So Israel ran the population level experiment of giving people 2 boosters, it didn't seem to work. They had to run it when they did and on the scale they did as Omicron is fast, no time for "more study". Meanwhile in reality the U.S. ran the population level experiment of dilly dallying on recommending FIRST BOOSTERS, "more study needed", they dilly dallied enough, that far far more people will end up dying here than many other developed countries because the booster rate is so low (well those with no vaccine are also a problem leading to a lot of excess death, but a harder problem). And how is whether money is made relevant. These are largely for profit companies. But a patent free vaccine has been developed that might end up solving that problem.

healthocracy = getting exercise and eating vegetables. And wow working from home that's some real cruel punishment right there, what next: why the serfs love open office plans.

Thread Information