Page 464 of 509 FirstFirst ... 364414454462463464465466474 ... LastLast
Results 4,631 to 4,640 of 5082

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    The program sounds good on paper. There is supposedly some certification requried to go maskless with a vaccinated staff and all customers, and also follow up audits, but it will be an overwhelming task to enforce.
    I would just put a sign on the door, "Unvaccinated, enter at your own risk".

It should not be the job of government or business to protect people from themselves. Personal responsibility needs to come into play. If it doesn't then natural selection will.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    When you go to the hospital they test you for covid. If you test positive you are automatically counted as a covid hospitalization.

So I could feel perfectly fine, no covid symptoms, then I have a heart attack or stroke. Although I am fully vaccinated and my covid is asymptomatic I will now count as a covid hospitalization despite the fact that covid has nothing to do with why I am in the hospital.

Hospitals get more money for covid patients. Families get funeral money for "covid deaths". So there are incentives to exaggerate.
    In these cases I distrust your twisting of numbers to benefit an argement much more than our department of health.

In these cases I distrust your twisting of numbers to benefit an argement much more than our department of health.
    Don't take it from me - take it from this link:

https://www.masslive.com/coronavirus...two-weeks.html

"The total includes those being treated for reasons other than COVID-19, but who've tested positive."

Maybe in your state it is different.

I've not seen similar verbage in anything I've seen here, but I'd admit there could be some grey areas. If I were interested in further verifications, I'd say the spike in hospitalizations among the vaccinated coincides with the spike in unvaccinated. Therefore one would conclude that the spike is due to covid rather than a spike in strokes and heart attacks.

If I were to suppose information not represented anywhere I've seen, I'd say that there is a good possibility that at least some of the reports of hospitalizations among the vaccinated not only includes the immune compromised and elderly, but is also dependent on the time period since vaccination. It seems fairly obvious, at least to me, that the vaccine protect wanes over time and increases risk.

I've not seen similar verbage in anything I've seen here, but I'd admit there could be some grey areas. If I were interested in further verifications, I'd say the spike in hospitalizations among the vaccinated coincides with the spike in unvaccinated. Therefore one would conclude that the spike is due to covid rather than a spike in strokes and heart attacks.
    Even with the spikes only 15% or so of hospitalizations in my state are due to covid. Depending on the hospital between 5 and 50% of hospital capacity is used for prescheduled surgeries. There is a backlog of these people were afraid to go in for surgery pre-vaccine. There are also staffing shortages (nurses strike is the major factor in my area; in red states more likely people leaving the profession due to vaccine mandates). My area has seen a decrease in beds over the years due to health care consolidation even as the population ages, because heaven forbid we have excess capacity which costs money. Instead pre-pandemic there were long wait times to be admitted, especially for behavioral health. And the covid restrictions have led to spikes in both depression and drug addiction. But the headlines on the news blame everything on people catching covid. The journalists are lazy and do not dig deep or connect the dots in a big picture view. A separate reporter will do a story on covid and mental health, but the lead story on hospital capacity will ignore that factor.
    Last edited by Yppej; 11-26-21 at 1:06pm. Reason: Add word "were"

My conclusion, going back to the original topic, would be that going to a Covid party to intentionally get infected is a really bad idea regardless of quibbling over numbers. However, you would be welcome to test the theory if you think otherwise.

And the news story today is that we are all to be quaking in terror at the latest variant coming out of South Africa, the B11etc version.

I guess the news powers that be allowed everyone to have a happy Thanksgiving and now the day after we need to start up the Covid terror campaign again. By this I do not mean that itís not a serious disease because it is. Remember, I avoid humans and get all vaccinations, but itís really tiresome how the ď1 to 3 new stories of the day ď program has taken up this latest thing.

Propogating fear seems to be the way of media these days. Who really knows anymore what the heck is going on out there with Covid and its variants?

Within some limits, it seems to me like we actually know quite a bit about the existing variants. Not everything, but there is some degree of concensus on many basics. No one know much about the most recent, but it's worth some concern. No doubt the media tends to overplay things and people tend to over react, as indicated by the stock market today.

We are also getting bogus data on covid positivity rates. Many people now buy home tests and if they are negative don't report this to anyone, but if positive do tell their doctor and seek advice on quarantining etc. So with many more negative than positive test results reported the covid positivity rates are inflated.

Thread Information