Page 163 of 601 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Now THAT is funny. I was afraid you had been co-opted somehow.
    Maybe he was. After all trump hasn’t seen Steve Jobs’ death certificate... 😃

Yppej
    I found this website listing mask requirements:

https://masks4all.co/what-countries-...sks-in-public/

Sweden has been seen as an outlier, but Norway, Denmark and Finland also do not require masks. That is also the case in Australia and New Zealand.

I found it interesting that some countries in Asia do not force people to wear masks but people do anyways, maybe due to population density.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post

I found it interesting that some countries in Asia do not force people to wear masks but people do anyways, maybe due to population density.
    When I went to Japan (Tokyo) pre-COVID I found that maybe 20% wear masks in public. I read that they do so in order to neither spread their germs nor get anyone else's. It's a social courtesy to them.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    When I went to Japan (Tokyo) pre-COVID I found that maybe 20% wear masks in public. I read that they do so in order to neither spread their germs nor get anyone else's. It's a social courtesy to them.
    Social courtesy - what a delightful notion. I wish it could gain some traction in the US.

Yppej
    RR since germs are always with us, do you believe that like the 20% of Japanese everyone should wear masks in public even when there is not a pandemic?

I myself believe in the hygiene hypothesis, that exposure to germs helps build up the immune system.

I think that hypothesis works better in a fairly closed system, though. I remember going on a tour of a one room schoolhouse and the man saying that they drank out of a communal dipper, all of them, and they didn't get sick. But then it was a closed system, like a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Yppej View Post
    RR since germs are always with us, do you believe that like the 20% of Japanese everyone should wear masks in public even when there is not a pandemic?

It’s not that 20% of the people randomly wear masks. It’s that people with symptoms of a cold or flu wear them. As a social courtesy to try and not infect other people. I realize that there is a not insignificant number of people in the US who can’t imagine doing anything to slightly inconvenience themselves for the benefit of others so we’re not likely to see similar behavior here. Hell, we often don’t even see it here in the middle of a deadly pandemic.

The right to infect others with a deadly pathogen is enshrined in the Constitution. Haven't you been following the news?

Yppej
    Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    The right to infect others with a deadly pathogen is enshrined in the Constitution. Haven't you been following the news?
    Not accurate. In the few places where antibody testing has been done, prevalence of the virus is often around 2%, meaning there is a 98% chance you are not infecting anyone. If you don't work in a nursing home or hot spot the chances are even less that you are contagious. If you're 2 years old there's basically a zero chance you can contract or transmit the virus, but everyone 2 or older is supposed to mask up. This is totally unrealistic for 8 hours a day in daycare or 6 hours a day in school. Some places say mask if you're 10 or older but not the big government blue states where daddy doesn't know best, the governor does.

Quote Originally Posted by JaneV2.0 View Post
    Yes, and for all these folks that say they are truly religious and follow their doctrines (i.e. "good christians"), it's okay to behave selfishly by thinking only of yourself and not your fellow man/woman by not doing something as simple as wearing a mask. After all... WWJD??
    To give pleasure to a single heart by a single act is better than a thousand heads bowing in prayer." Mahatma Gandhi
    Be nice whenever possible. It's always possible. HH Dalai Lama
    In a world where you can be anything - be kind. Unknown

Thread Information