Page 38 of 601 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138538 ... LastLast

Thread: Conavirus......

I’m still going to church. It’s Lent, so there are more people at services, but our parish is about 175 at the most.

No hugging, etc.

Geila
    I had plans to visit my favorite niece and her kids for the last few weeks but they've been sick (family of 7) so the visit keeps getting postponed. Now the CDC is advising those with compromised immune systems to take extra precautions. I fall in that category. They are finally all recovered and I'm not sick, but now I'm nervous about going. Last time I went, early February, I came down with a bad cold as soon as I got home. That cold was bad for a week and then took another week to clear up. Don't know if I'm being paranoid or practical. They'll think I'm being paranoid for sure (youthful optimism), but...

My immune system has always served me well, but it hasn't been called upon to do much for many years. I'm not interested in testing it on an unknown that may result in fibrosis or worse.

Geila
    I got a message from my doctor yesterday, she wants me have some follow up bloodwork done just to make sure a few conditions are still okay from all the stuff I had last year. I really don't want to be in a hospital right now. I'm going to hold off on it as long as I can. I hope I don't regret it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradd View Post
    I’m still going to church. It’s Lent, so there are more people at services, but our parish is about 175 at the most.

No hugging, etc.
    Same here. We were wondering if the church would be emptier, especially since traditional churches have such a high proportion of elderly parishioners (at least in the Northeast). But it was the same attendance. The priest gave us the run-down on social distancing and also best communion practices.
    "Do any human beings ever realize life while they live it--every, every minute?" Emily Webb, Our Town
    www.silententry.wordpress.com

I'm going to the gym, I credit it in part for why I never get sick pretty much as is. If I was high risk I might get grocery delivery (over 60, preexisting conditions), being I'm not, I see no reason to do so. I have a risk of getting sick, well so does the delivery person, and probably not much different than mine.
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by catherine View Post
    Same here. We were wondering if the church would be emptier, especially since traditional churches have such a high proportion of elderly parishioners (at least in the Northeast). But it was the same attendance. The priest gave us the run-down on social distancing and also best communion practices.
    Ours was down about 60 in attendance (130 from 190)
    My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished two bags of M&Ms and a chocolate cake. I feel better already!

A priest in Washington DC gave communion to 500 people and has tested positive for coronavirus. So church may not be the place to go.

It's and excellent time of year for bird watching and gardening.

Oh and our first diagnosed case in the St. Louis region was self quarantining, along with her family. Until they weren’t.

The daughter of the family came home from Italy after studying there. She was verified to have the coronavirus. The entire family was told to stay in. Dad and younger sister decided that they didn’t need to follow that directive And they went to a father daughter dance Saturday night in a room full of many people. So that was an excellent way to spread the thing.

I guess they are very special people to not have to pay attention to basic health directive or even common sense.

Edited to add: this family lawyered up pretty fast, not surprising because they are from the ritziest ZIP Code in St. Louis.They are claiming their local health department did not tell them to quarantine themselves,that only the college age daughter was supposed to be quarantined.

Thread Information