Page 214 of 601 FirstFirst ... 114164204212213214215216224264314 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,140 of 6008

Thread: Conavirus......

Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Strong biological drives at that age.
    I don't remember strong biological drives at that age, I can probably count the number of times I have toward others on the fingers of one hand and maybe have fingers to spare, so maybe I'm graysexual. But wanting to be with people, have adventures etc., not be imprisoned in my room/house, for a disease that poses little risk to the young, Of course! When I was young, I was totally in college for the intellectual experience, it's what I wanted badly, not the career or the credential (completely stupid as that IS 100% what matters long term - but hey young and dumb), not the parties, but I did want it to be with others discussing what we had learned, not reading a library book alone, or why go to college.

Anyway this solitude and isolation is more than I can take now in my 40s and often seems NOT worth it and my risk isn't that of an 18 year old afterall and I know it so I err toward caution - I could die or get long covid, but it still often seems hardly worth it, and I'm pretty unhappy. And when you are young life seems so so short and like you have to do it all NOW. There is no long run - afterall you'll be OLD then, like you know over 25 or 30 or something, and what is the point of doing anything when you are old ...
    Trees don't grow on money

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar View Post
    Colorado University has reported 1200 new positive cases among students, a new record outbreak for the state. Contact tracing seems to point at large parties. Classes are now all remote learning for the next two weeks.
    A friend's son goes there. He got a comprehensive list of what you can and cannot do. He's following it, because fines are involved, and being levied, apparently. As his grandmother noted "We should have done this from the beginning."

ANM, your experience is the polar opposite of mine in every conceivable way. Although I do value the process of education--I remember badly wanting to deck some ninny at my part-time school supporting job who opined that women only went to school to get their "MRS degree."

But I was just wistfully looking at tech writing/editing jobs and wishing (again) that I'd been born at least 20 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    A friend's son goes there. He got a comprehensive list of what you can and cannot do. He's following it, because fines are involved, and being levied, apparently. As his grandmother noted "We should have done this from the beginning."
    ALL gatherings for 18-22 year olds have been banned by the county.

Our city playgrounds are not officially open and the Health Department head is very careful wih his wording, but in essence the yellow tape has come down, signs will go up urging precautionary measures, and the little rugrats will be able to crawl all over the equipment with impunity.

Not that they haven’t already been doing that. I saw yellow tape pulled down early in the Covid game at the two city parks I frequent.

Some animals are more equal than otherS, and I can point out the mommies whose little dears are playing on the swing set who also complain when dogs in the Park run loose.

That is a different level of threat, agreed, and dogs should not run loose in the Park. But God forbid we deny small children their tiny heartS’ desires. Yes there is a back issue with our playground equipment that chaps my hide, but suffice to say it is ALL FOR THE CHILDREN.

I think I preferred this neighborhood when it was mostly gay men and childless couples. I’m just cranky today.

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    I think I preferred this neighborhood when it was mostly gay men and childless couples. I’m just cranky today.
    Don't leave out single adults, and I'm in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=pocket-newtab

If only we had the public health capabilities of many African nations our death toll would be much lower than it is.

Liberia: population 5 million, 1335 cases, 82 deaths.
    Rwanda: population 12 million, 26 deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane v2.0 View Post
    Don't leave out single adults, and I'm in.
    Oh of course! Many of our friends here have been single women over the years.

Senior Member gimmethesimplelife's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tybee View Post
    Strong biological drives at that age.
    I am so so so grateful to no longer be young! Rob

Quote Originally Posted by iris lilies View Post
    Our city playgrounds are not officially open and the Health Department head is very careful wih his wording, but in essence the yellow tape has come down, signs will go up urging precautionary measures, and the little rugrats will be able to crawl all over the equipment with impunity.

Not that they haven’t already been doing that. I saw yellow tape pulled down early in the Covid game at the two city parks I frequent.

Some animals are more equal than otherS, and I can point out the mommies whose little dears are playing on the swing set who also complain when dogs in the Park run loose.

That is a different level of threat, agreed, and dogs should not run loose in the Park. But God forbid we deny small children their tiny heartS’ desires. Yes there is a back issue with our playground equipment that chaps my hide, but suffice to say it is ALL FOR THE CHILDREN.

Wow, that has taken a long time to reopen the playgrounds, if that is what you are saying has opened. I drove by the Catholic church today and all the kids were out playing on the playground. They have been on the playground at the beaches all summer. Those are the only playgrounds I see, but they have been full up.

Glad my grandchildren can be back playing at the park.

We have a nice dog park with separate areas for large and small. Is there a dog park you can use?

Thread Information